Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 18 (917 Views)

Sony XBR-65X850D

Case # 65590703

Hello I purchased a Sony XBR-65X850D new as a gift for my inlaws on 07/30/2017. I registered the product on 08/05/2017 and delivered the tv on 09/01/2017 and setup the tv on this date. I immediately noticed the image to be pixelated on every setting including HDR. I called Sony on 09/02/2017, I was told to take pictures and email them which I did. On 09/03/2017 I called back and was told they needed the invoice(receipt) and that it needed to state the model number and had to be shown that the product was listed as new so I could be sent a new TV, they also stated that if the tv wasnt new then it would be a replacement because it is in warranty. Which I sent on 09/03/2017, I received a reply back being told it was out of warranty and they stated the TV was not purchased as new. I called back and stated that the TV was purchased new because if it wasnt new I wouldnt have been able to register the tv with the warranty being valid. Now yesterday 09/05/2017 the sound went out and the TV had to be unplugged and replugged in for the sound to come back on. The tv is still pixelated and a new tv needs to be sent to replace the defective tv. I am waiting for a manager to approve if they will honor the warranty which shouldnt be an issue since the tv has a valid warranty. What can be done for them to just honor the warranty and send a new tv?

Thanks

Kevin

Message 2 of 18 (911 Views)

Re: Sony XBR-65X850D

Hi Rolling842000, let me contact you now. Regards, Ella

Apprentice
Message 3 of 18 (899 Views)

[ Edited ]

So you all called, I returned the call and was told that you would not honor the warranty. The TV was sold as a new product, I registered and was told it has a valid warranty. It was listed as a new product on an auction site, the tv itself was listed as new not AS-IS. When I returned the call the results you came up with are AS-IS and not a new product even though the TV was built jan 2017? I even asked if you pick and choose which warranties you want to honor and was told yes!! This TV needs to be replaced with a new one. I will be escalating this issue. Why sell products with a warranty if you will not honor them? It does say they will not honor warranties from auction purchases but that is for PLAYSTATIONS!!!

Message 4 of 18 (885 Views)

Hi Rolling842000, let me send you a private message. Regards, Ella

Apprentice
Message 5 of 18 (875 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Rolling842000,

We apologize for not meeting your expectations. Your file has been reviewed, please be advised that it is indicated on the proof of purchase that you sent that all items in the auction is are sold “As Is”, “Where Is” with no warranty expressed or implied, unless otherwise notated. And for Sony's limited warranty terms and conditions, units that were purchased "As Is" is not covered by the warranty. Please contact the Auction for further assistance with your unit.

Regards,

Ella

Sony National Customer Relations

Sold AS-IS UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTATED- EXACTLY THE TV IS SOLD AS NEW NOT AS-IS!!!! Not to mention all new electronic devices comes with a manufacturers warranty!!!

Apprentice
Message 6 of 18 (817 Views)

So I did prove the TV is not AS-IS and the guy on the phone tries to give another hurdle. BBB here I come!

Apprentice
Message 7 of 18 (771 Views)

Update: We have moved past the AS-IS issue and now it has moved on to let's say we need the original purchaser reciept. Then I hear oh purchases from an auction do not have a sony warranty. They are sounds like excuses are being made so they will not have to honor the warranty that they put for their products. Ok lets use the date on the back of the tv that list when the TV was built, that date is january 2017, the warranty is still good. I was told they will call the auction place do their research and get back to me. This is a black and white situation, this 2016 model tv was built january 2017 so the manufacturers warranty should still be valid even though i am the first consumer that registered the tv 07/30/2017. We will see what happens!

Message 8 of 18 (767 Views)

Hi Rolling842000,  you case is being reviewed by our relevant team. You will be contacted to further discuss this issue. Thanks, Charlie

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 18 (847 Views)

We have moved past the AS-IS issue and now it has moved on to let's say we need the original purchaser reciept. Then I hear oh purchases from an auction do not have a sony warranty. They are sounds like excuses are being made so they will not have to honor the warranty that they put for their products. شركات نقل الاثاث

Apprentice
Message 10 of 18 (1,009 Views)

Excuse me what is this post?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook