Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 3 (714 Views)

Waiting for response on Defective Product

[ Edited ]
  1. BMURTHY

Mobile no.**

Dear Sir,

SubSmiley Frustratedony Camera – models  DSC H2 &  DSC 400/BC  both having identical problem – hampered Lens Unit movement & noise – failed at crucial time –

My son is an avid wildlife & nature love photographer.  Knowing the superiority features and quality of SONY BRAND CAMERAS,  For him I had initially procured Sony DSC H2  S.NO.5384187 brand camera few years back and he was using it for 2 years. This model has developed problem in lens movement, often getting struck and creating noise.  Admittedly this was beyond warranty period and due to prohibitive servicing cost for replacement, I have decided to buy him the improved version and higher version of SONY  DSC 400/BC  S.NO.0297072 in 2016.  This was working fine and he also got an award for best photography from Aircel Wildlife Protection Photo contest.

Feeling proud of his new camera, he took this for his Honey moon trip to Malaysia in March 2017. Unfortunately, this model also developed the same problem of hampered lens unit movement and noise and he was not able to take any photos during his honeymoon trip and hence was terribly disappointed.  When we took it for service center, it was told the replacement cost is prohibitive.

In view of the bad experiences on both these models due to same problem, I am bringing this problem to your kind notice.  I am aware that these are beyond warranty and hence there is no obligation on your side. However, being an avid “Sony” customer, I am bringing this to your notice for investigation of the customer complaint / dissatisfaction.  Request you to take these 2 cameras for your service/quality evaluation/

My son is now against “Sony Brand” and is contemplating going for another brand.  However having used the Sony brand, I do not want to switch loyalty.

Hence request you to

• take these 2 models for your service/quality evaluation and test analysis.
  • Supply us the latest version of Sony Brand at cost price or discounted price, since we had 2 product failures within a span of 3 years.

I am sure considering his utter disappointment during his honey moon time, I feel  “Sony”  should show empathy to its loyal customer by giving a latest version of sony brand camera as replacement at  cost price / discounted price as a ‘GOODWILL’ gesture.

Thank you,

B MURTHY

Highlighted
Message 2 of 3 (701 Views)

Re: Waiting for response on Defective Product

Hi bmurthy, thank you for bringing this concern to our attention. I sent you a private message. Kindly check your inbox. Thanks, Charlie

Rookie
Message 3 of 3 (546 Views)

Re: Waiting for response on Defective Product

sir,

it is nearly a month of the posting. No response from your team.  Shall I take this as you are not interested in retaining your client and shall we go for a new brand other than sony?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook