Customer Relations

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 2 (170 Views)

XBR65X930D - Known issues with this model Sony refuses to address

Looking across the forum it is time to agree that Sony is well aware of all the issues on the XBR65X930D. They continue to fix them and the televisions continue to go on breaking.

When my television wouldn't turn on after 7 months, Sony was very nice and sent a tech out and he replaced the motherboard and all was good.

Two days ago my still under 1 year old tv was playing and suddenly went to a screen of half black and half white (another problem reported all over the internet). I did all the reset stuff both on my own and with Sony on the phone. Finally the rep told me they can't fix it and that they will have to replace it, with a "re-certified" XBR65X930D. I told him I didn't want a recertified television and was told to contact customer relations.

I spoke with customer relations on Tuesday and they agreed to a new television XBR65X930E. Yesterday, Thursday, I received a call from someone else in customer relations that they made a mistake. I could take a re-certified television or pay $500 for the newer model but those were my only options. Taking a recertified model wouldn't be such an issue if this model didn't have all these known issues.  

Now I'm going to get another one, XBR65X930D.b (notice the model#) that will again break and I will be without a television in the near future. This tv has been nothing but a problem and Sony refuses to deal with it except by sending out another television with the same inherent problems. I will report after the new TV shows up. I figure if it starts out ok, and I don't have to reboot it every other day, then maybe I'll get 6 months out of it before it starts to have the same problems. I am extremely unhappy with Sony and at this point wouldn't buy another Sony product or recomend their products to anyone.

Message 2 of 2 (157 Views)

Re: XBR65X930D - Known issues with this model Sony refuses to address

Hi jeffrnj, Thank you for posting in the community. Let me send you a private message so we can discuss this matter. 

Thanks,  - Jade

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook