Customer Relations

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 5 (910 Views)

XBR65X930D - Known issues with this model Sony refuses to address

Looking across the forum it is time to agree that Sony is well aware of all the issues on the XBR65X930D. They continue to fix them and the televisions continue to go on breaking.

When my television wouldn't turn on after 7 months, Sony was very nice and sent a tech out and he replaced the motherboard and all was good.

Two days ago my still under 1 year old tv was playing and suddenly went to a screen of half black and half white (another problem reported all over the internet). I did all the reset stuff both on my own and with Sony on the phone. Finally the rep told me they can't fix it and that they will have to replace it, with a "re-certified" XBR65X930D. I told him I didn't want a recertified television and was told to contact customer relations.

I spoke with customer relations on Tuesday and they agreed to a new television XBR65X930E. Yesterday, Thursday, I received a call from someone else in customer relations that they made a mistake. I could take a re-certified television or pay $500 for the newer model but those were my only options. Taking a recertified model wouldn't be such an issue if this model didn't have all these known issues.  

Now I'm going to get another one, XBR65X930D.b (notice the model#) that will again break and I will be without a television in the near future. This tv has been nothing but a problem and Sony refuses to deal with it except by sending out another television with the same inherent problems. I will report after the new TV shows up. I figure if it starts out ok, and I don't have to reboot it every other day, then maybe I'll get 6 months out of it before it starts to have the same problems. I am extremely unhappy with Sony and at this point wouldn't buy another Sony product or recomend their products to anyone.

Message 2 of 5 (897 Views)

Re: XBR65X930D - Known issues with this model Sony refuses to address

Hi jeffrnj, Thank you for posting in the community. Let me send you a private message so we can discuss this matter. 

Thanks,  - Jade

Rookie
Message 3 of 5 (702 Views)

Hi jeffrnj,
I am experiencing the same "won't turn on" issue, for the second time now. (First time was in June of this year) I am also extremely unhappy with Sony. Can you give an update as to your current status of the TV and support from Sony? I have, just today, started a 3 to 5 day wait for a technician to contact me about the current black-out of my TV.
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 5 (697 Views)

My certified refurbished television showed up on the second promised delivery date of 11/22. The explanation on this type of unit is that these televisions failed QA on the day of assembly and went back and were fixed until they passed QA. So it's not a used television, but it was a defective television for some unknown reason on the date it was manufatured.

So far, and it's only been since Wed. 11/22, the unit is working properly. My biggest complaint is that unless Sony has addressed the issues with regard to the power on problem and losing the screen (half black/half white issue), it is only a matter of time until I have those issues on this unit and that is what no one at Sony will admit. This model has a fundamental design issue.

The television I received came with a 2 year limited warranty. Once either of the two known issues happens I am going to fully expect the newer model and I'm certain that the new 2 year limited warranty will not cover that. Until then, it's wait and see. Unfortunately it means every time I go to turn on the television I never know if it's going to work, and that is not what I signed up for when I purchased a Sony. The only thing that might have made this easier would have been if I had purchased the Best Buy warranty, which I now regret not purchasing, but I didn't think I would need it with Sony. 

Let me know how your next repair goes.

Message 5 of 5 (684 Views)

Hi RLHartman, Thank you for posting in the community. Let me send you a private message. 

Regards,

Jade

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook