Welcome to the Community!

Customer Relations

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 9 (857 Views)

XBR850C 75" vertical banding issue since new

I have experienced terrible vertical banding since purchase.  Sony sent a repair

person out to replace my HDMI board.  Ever since the problem has been worse.  I have called customer service  multiple times and have multiple refercne #'s

Ref # E64361443/#E64105115/E65392124.  

I've been trying to get the issue resolved in warranty.  Now I'm outside of warranty and Sony Customer Service says they won't do anything.  They said take it to a repair shop.  This to me isn't a good way to do business.  Sony gave me the run around while under warranty and now I'm out of warranty they say tough luck?  Come on Sony.  Step up and repair or replace my TV.  I have been a loyal Sony customer my entire life.  Tv's, Playstations, Sound Bars, Vaio computer and Bluray players.  All of my electronics have been Sony for the most part.  Please restore my faith in your product.

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 9 (807 Views)

Re: XBR850C 75" vertical banding issue since new

This entire Sony 4k community board is littered with issues.  Is Sony fixing anyones TV?  

Message 3 of 9 (754 Views)

Hi northskate, we appreciate the time you took to let us know about the issue with your TV. Your file has been reviewed. I will call you today so we can further discuss your concern. Thanks, Charlie

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 9 (542 Views)

[ Edited ]

This issue has NOT been resolved.  Sony has'nt called me like they said they would.  This experience has been very frustrating.  Sony's customer service phone line is subpar.  Its a endless menu system when you call and when you do get through to someone they can't speak english well and don't understand any technical terms.  I'm a video editor and I know this TV has issues.  Sony seems to think its normal when I first told them about the issue.  Its NOT NORMAL.  They might trick the average customer into thinking it's normal.  Not me,  I know exactly whats wrong with the TV but I can't explain it to anyone because they can't speak english well.  I paid $3500 for a TV that probably was a B rated TV when it left the warehouse new.  It wasn't a 100% working TV from day one.  All I'm asking for is a replacement set of equal model range.  Sony please get in touch with me and stop hiding behind foreign customer relations.  Have a real tech call me who speaks english well and knows what they are talking about.

Highlighted
Message 5 of 9 (532 Views)

Hi northskate,  we apologize for the frustration this may have caused you. I sent you a message, please check your community inbox. Regards, Dave

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 9 (386 Views)

SONY DID NOTHING.  The moderators here, keep posting that they sent me a message to resolve things.  Nothing has been done.  My TV has had issues since new.  SHAME ON YOU SONY.  I have already begun to purchase other electronic devices that aren't Sony.  Just purchased a Xbox One S, not a PS4.  I'm in the process of buying a new TV for my bedroom which will be a LG or Samsung.  I suggest any person thinking of purchasing a Sony TV to think twice.  SONY DOES'NT BACK THEIR WARRANTIES!  I started my claim over a year ago and it was a long process that has led to notthing being done.  SONY USES CHEAP PANELS FOR THEIR TV's.  They add a Triluminos processor chip to add color and thats it.   The rest of the TV is garbage.  Don't be fooled into thinking that you are buying a quality TV.  Save your money and buy a cheaper LG or Samsung.  

Message 7 of 9 (381 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi northskate, we’re sorry to hear about what happened to your TV. Let me send you a message. 

Regards, Dave

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 9 (371 Views)

[ Edited ]

^Dave sent me a private message to say they aren't doing anything. Why not post it on the board Dave? Why do you feel the need to go behind the backs of the forum community. Is Sony embarrassed?  They should be.  Sony isn't the same company that use to stand behind its products.  Buyers beware!

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 9 (364 Views)

Side note.  Don't let Sony customer service remote/take control of your TV set.  After the last time they did my TV started experiencing issues.  It won't turn on all the time now.  

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook