Customer Relations

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 16 (2,204 Views)
Accepted Solution

complaint

I have a complaint about an exchange process for my Sony TV. I spoke to rep. on 9/27.They said it would be 5 to 7 days to make the TV exchange under my extended warrenty. I called to check on the status on 10/1 and they said theTV  was shipped and I should get it by Friday 10/3 orTues.10/7. I called today 10/6 to check the status of delivery. Guess what? The rep said the person sent in the exchange request to the wrong dept. What???????. Now they have to send the request in again and it will take another 5 to 7 business days to get my TV replacement.............So I am upset that I have to suffer the consequences of someone elses mistake on a job that they should now how and what to do. Not only that, but why would Sony not inform  me   that a mistake was made? If I did not continue to call re status I would never know what happened. I want some compensation like an upgrade to my TV. Thank You P.Paradiso

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 16 (2,202 Views)

Re: complaint

Message 3 of 16 (2,114 Views)

Hi paradisop,

Thank you for bringing this to Sony’s attention. I was unable to pull up your file using the email address that you used here in the Community. Please send me a Private Message with the model and serial number of your Sony TV, phone number and Event ID (if you were given one). We’ll see what we can do on our end. Thanks, AmyB
Apprentice
Message 4 of 16 (969 Views)

Today is Sept. 4, 2017 and I still haven't got my Sony camera back from Henry's for repairs since I brought the camera in on July 4, 2017. (Store open on July 4 in Canada). I am scheduled to be the photographer for Sept. 28, 2017 Variety Show and am very worried that I won't be able to get my repaired camera back in time to do my job.

I definitely do not recommend buying the extended warranty for a Sony camera. Exceedingly slow in repairs. Takes a minimum of 2 months or longer to get a repaired camera back.

Sony blamed me for the "delete button" damage which their technician caused when fixing the malfunctioned flash. Sony refused to do the "delete button" repair for free under warranty, and asked for $160. I always take great care of my camera and absolutely DID NOT DAMAGE the "delete button" mechanism.

Good thing that Henry's agrees to pay the $160 for me. Henry's knew that the Sony technician loosened the camera's mechanics when he took it apart to repair the flash the last time. There was nothing that I could have done to loosen the internal mechanisms as I never once opened the camera.

But now, I believe Sony's 3-year Manufacturer's Lemon Replacement policy is ending while I'm waiting forever for them to do the repairs under my extended warranty. I feel that Sony is playing a game that the customer cannot win, at least this is what happens in Canada.

Although the extended warranty that I paid for doesn't expire until June 2018, its terms are not honored because Sony says it's the customer's fault when the camera doesn't work, and so the extended warranty is useless and I wasted my money buying it.

I think in the U.S., Sony treats its customers much better and with greater respect.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 16 (969 Views)

Today is Sept. 4, 2017 and I still haven't got my Sony camera back from Henry's for repairs since I brought the camera in on July 4, 2017. (Store open on July 4 in Canada). I am scheduled to be the photographer for Sept. 28, 2017 Variety Show and am very worried that I won't be able to get my repaired camera back in time to do my job.

I definitely do not recommend buying the extended warranty for a Sony camera. Exceedingly slow in repairs. Takes a minimum of 2 months or longer to get a repaired camera back.

Sony blamed me for the "delete button" damage which their technician caused when fixing the malfunctioned flash. Sony refused to do the "delete button" repair for free under warranty, and asked for $160. I always take great care of my camera and absolutely DID NOT DAMAGE the "delete button" mechanism.

Good thing that Henry's agrees to pay the $160 for me. Henry's knew that the Sony technician loosened the camera's mechanics when he took it apart to repair the flash the last time. There was nothing that I could have done to loosen the internal mechanisms as I never once opened the camera.

But now, I believe Sony's 3-year Manufacturer's Lemon Replacement policy is ending while I'm waiting forever for them to do the repairs under my extended warranty. I feel that Sony is playing a game that the customer cannot win, at least this is what happens in Canada.

Although the extended warranty that I paid for doesn't expire until June 2018, its terms are not honored because Sony says it's the customer's fault when the camera doesn't work, and so the extended warranty is useless and I wasted my money buying it.

I think in the United States, Sony treats its customers much better and with greater respect than customers in Canada.

Message 6 of 16 (960 Views)

Hi ontaxca, we're really sorry for the delay and inconvenience that this may have caused you. Please allow us to look into your file further by sending me a private message with the model and serial number of the unit, purchase date, your phone number and most importantly, the event ID associated to your issue. Regards, Ella

Message 7 of 16 (951 Views)

Re: Complaint Sony Camera

Hi ontaxca, I sent you a private message. You may locate your inbox on the top left corner of the Community page. Regards, Ella

Apprentice
Message 8 of 16 (837 Views)

Will results of your inquiry into this matter be posted online here or will they be sent to my email address? I don't seem to be able to access your private message today clicking on the Envelope Button at the top left corner of the Community page. I sent you my phone number by answering your last private message, but have no idea if you have ever received it.

I desperately need my camera back as I am the official videographer for a 3-hour Variety Show on Sept. 28, 2017. Sony has my camera for repairs since July 4, 2017. Today is Sept. 6, 2017 and repair is still not done.

If there is anything you can do to speed up the repair process, it would be greatly appreciated.
Message 9 of 16 (829 Views)

Hi ontaxca, please check your inbox as I have responded to your private message. Regards, Ella

Apprentice
Message 10 of 16 (824 Views)

Thank you, Ella.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook