Welcome to the Community!

Customer Relations

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apprentice
Message 11 of 16 (173 Views)

Re: Complaint Sony Camera Repair

To date, nothing has been done to speed up the repair process.  It has been 2 months and 6 days now since my Sony camera is at the Sony repair shop being repaired.  This long wait is totally unacceptable.  

I have just been asked to be the volunteer photographer for an Art event on Sept. 17, 2017.  Looks like I won't have my Sony camera back in time for that. 

I called Henry's again.  They said that the Sony repair shop is waiting for a part to come from Sony to repair the Delete Button function on my camera. 

Will the part be coming from Sony Japan?  Does it take over 2 months for a part to arrive in Canada?  I have heard about a slow boat to China, but haven't heard much of a slow boat to Japan.  At any rate, we have airplanes in 2017 and the flight time is about 10 hours and 50 minutes from Japan to Canada.

By Sept. 28, 2017, if I still don't get my Sony camera back, I will have to disappoint many people for being unable to videotape their Annual Variety Show which I have been doing for the last decade to put on YouTube and Google Photos.

I have been a very faithful Sony customers for many years.  Every time I needed a new camera, I'd buy another Sony.  Since 2007,  I have owned 3 Sony cameras.  From now on, I will definitely NOT buy another Sony camera and I strongly recommend to everyone else, never to buy anything from Sony for its poor and unfair treatment of customers.

From a very unhappy, frustrated and ill-treated Sony customer.

Message 12 of 16 (151 Views)

Re: Complaint Sony Camera Repair

Hi ontaxca, I have sent you a private message. Please check your inbox. Regards, Ella

Apprentice
Message 13 of 16 (130 Views)

More Bad Luck with Sony Camera Repair

Since July 4, 2017 when I brought my Sony camera to Henry's for repair of a malfunctioned Delete Button, I have had no use of my camera for well over 2 months - in about an hour and a half, it will be September 11, 2017.

This is the message I received on Sept. 10, 2017 from Sony's repair shop via Henry's:

"We apologize for the delay with your repair. The part to complete your repair is on back order and the repair vendor will
contact us with a turnaround time once the part is received. Your repair has been put as a priority as soon as the parts arrive."

Can you help me out, Ella C, if you're still there?

Can I get my un-repaired camera back so at least I have a camera to use for now?

There are several important functions that I need to attend as I am the designated photographer and videographer for events on Sept. 17, Sept. 28, and Sept. 30, 2017.

I would prefer to have a camera to use with the Delete Button NOT FUNCTIONING than to have no camera at all.

I will call Henry's tomorrow to make arrangements to get my un-repaired camera back ASAP.

When the necessaey part arrives from Sony Japan (?), I will bring the camera back to Henry's for the Delete Button repair.

Does Sony ever loan customers a similar camera to use while long delays for repairs are not the customers' fault?

Thank you.

ontaxca

Message 14 of 16 (123 Views)

Re: More Bad Luck with Sony Camera Repair

Hi ontaxca, EllaC has sent you a private message. Please check it out.  Thanks, Hailey

Apprentice
Message 15 of 16 (97 Views)

Thank you, Hailey, for your email. 

Ella C repeats the same message as before: Go and contact Henry's as she is not going to do anything for me.

I plan to start filing a consumer complaint against Sony to the Ontario Ministry of Government and Consumer Services as I believe I am protected under the Consumer Protection Act, 2002.

I will call Henry's and see what they have to say about the over 2 months delay with no sign of a definite day to complete repairs by Sony. 

I feel it is very wrong for the Sony technician to deny that he inadvertently loosened the Delete Button function when he opened the camera to repair the Flash, subsequently causing the Delete Button not to work after the Flash was repaired.  The Delete Button was firm and worked well prior to the Flash repair, but became loose and no longer worked after the Flash repaire was done.

I am very fortunate that Henry's is kind enough to offer to pay for the Delete Button repair which the Sony technician said that I "damaged" it and hence its repair is not covered under my extended warranty.  Of course, I could not possibly have damaged the Delete Button mechanism inside the camera as I never once opened the camera.  I don't even know how to open the camera case, and would never do such a thing even if I knew how, as opening the camera would mean voiding the warranty.  

Attached is a Complaint Notice: Consumer Protection Act which will provide you with information about Sony's responsibilities under these laws -  

https://files.ontario.ca/cpo_0008-17_cpo_notices_consumer_protection.pdf

I will be writing you a letter first to resolve this issue of unreasonably lengthy delay in repairs with no compensation or assistance to the customer.  I urgently need my camera back within a week, on Sept. 17, 2017 and also on Sept. 28 and 30, 2017.

Thank you.

ontaxca

Message 16 of 16 (86 Views)

Hi ontaxca, we totally understand where you're coming from and we're sorry to hear about what happened to your camera. I sent you a private message regarding your concern. Thanks, Charlie

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook