Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Cybershot Cameras

USER-965555

Best Cyber-Shot for jewelry pictures

I have two Cyber-Shot cameras in mind... DSC-WX9 16.1 MP Exmor R CMOS, or Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T110. I need to take pictures of jewelry, mostly using crystals. It's difficult to get a good clear shot of the shiny beads. I used my husband's Sony C-S (older version) and got a very good picture of clear crystal earrings. I was surprised. Anyway, I want my own camera and started doing research of different brands. Just when I'd decided on the DSC-WX9, I came across the DSC-T110. I like the touchscreen feature, but I'm not sure with the pictures I'd primarily be taking, that it would be the best choice of the two.

I realize this question might not have a definitive answer, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

Thank you
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
KimberlyS

Re: Best Cyber-Shot for jewelry pictures

Both Cameras feature a Gourmet setting.
The Gourmet Selects Macro mode, allowing you to shoot food
arrangements in delicious and bright colors. This setting would work very well for your Jewelry shots.

regardless of which camera you choose, both have roughly the same features. with the Wx9 featuring a Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens with 25mm equivalent wide 5x Optical Zoom.
and the T110 featuring a Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens with 25mm wide angle and 4x Optical Zoom.
Please use plain text.