Cybershot Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 1 (66 Views)

Control failure dsc-rx100

Ok, here's a problem that seems to have fixed itself, but I'm just wanting to throw this out on the off chance anyone could guess what caused it or if there's anything it might be signifying.

Basically it started with my father asking me to look at his camera because the zoom wasn't working.  In point of fact none of the control buttons on the back were doing anything except for the display corner of the wheel which was cycling through extra display information.  Interestingly while the setting wheel wasn't showing any response when I turned it, after taking a picture the wheel selection window showed up on the back.

Anyways after experimenting with the unresponsive controlls a bit longer, I decided to test out if the video recording function worked, and after it shut off suddenly everything seems to be working like it should be again.

Ok, it seems to have fixed itself but any idea why it happened or if there's something I should be keeping an eye out for?

Anyways thanks.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook