Welcome to the Community!

Cybershot Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 3 (465 Views)

Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Problems

Purchased a Sony Cyber-shot camera model DSC-HX400V on October 3, 2016 from Mark's Camera in Grand rapids, Michigan.  My reasoning was that buying from a brick and mortar retailer would assure me some type of service after the sale.  That turned out to be wrong.  We have had the same problem with the camera for the past eleven months and we are swiftly approaching the end of the warranty period.  It has been sent to Precision Camera for "repairs" four (4) times with no resolution of the problem.  The camera keeps giving error messages that state: Recovering data, please wait, writing to memory card was not completed correctly.

We purchased the camera because my daughter is going to be a part of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York this November, literally a once in a lifetime event.

We would like the camera to be exchanged for a new one because Sony's warranty repair center ( Precision Camera ) has not been able to rectify the situation and repair the camera.  I have spoken with a Sony representative by phone on August 22, 2017 and was given assurances the problem would be corrected.  The camera still has the same problem and we would like the camera to be replaced.  

Here is a list of all pertinent data regarding this camera:

-Purchased October 3, 2016 Mark's Camera, Grand Rapids, Michigan, 3822 South Division Ave, 49548  Ph: 616-534-8688

-Serial Number 1022845

-Precision Camera repair attempt 1: March 17, 2017    PCR tag #4531674

-Precision Camera repair attempt 2: July 17, 2017  PCR tag #4560305

-Precision Camera repair attempt 3: August 8, 2017   PCR tag #4564710

-Precision Camera repair attempt 4: August 31, 2017   PCR tag #4569955

- I have also been given an Event number when I spoke with the Sony representative over the phone: E64816712  on August 22, 2017 as well as a reference number W10029645

We have purchased multiple Sony products over the past thirty years and have had very good with them up until now.  We are hopeful this situation can come to a positive resolution.

Expert
Message 2 of 3 (443 Views)

Re: Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Problems

Have you tried a different memory card?

I did a bing on your error message and came across this:

https://community.sony.dk/t5/alpha-nex-interchangeable-lens-cameras/a6300-recovering-data-writing-to...
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3 (343 Views)

Re: Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Problems

Thank you for your response.  We did try a new memory card of a different brand and still had the same issue.  The camera would also mysteriously go dead after sitting (turned off) for a few days.  Sony has agreed to exchange the camera after having been sent back to the warranty repair center (Precision Camera) four times....  fingers crossed.  We have been fighting these issues for the past eleven months so the camera is almost out of warranty.  We purchased the camera from a brick and mortar camera store in hopes of getting better after-the-sale service.  What a joke..  They offered absolutely NO help.  What a complete waste of time.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook