Welcome to the Community!

Cybershot Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 11 (341 Views)

Cyber shot DSC-RX100 doesn't charge

I have a brand new camera. I charged it up when I got it. And now I'm travelling and I wanted to charge it before finding myself out of battery when I'm on the road.

But when I put it on to charge the indicator light turns on for a few seconds (amber) then goes out.

I'm using the original adaptor and charging cable but connecting through a if adaptor because of different shaped plugs Australia vs Italy.

I'm not down to zero battery but I will be soon and would like to know why charging isn't working.
Professional
Message 2 of 11 (337 Views)

Re: Cyber shot DSC-RX100 doesn't charge

Have you tried charging through the USB port on a computer?

¹ The Lens is the Thing
² 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'
³ "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 11 (324 Views)

Not available I'm travelling. Only have my tablet and phone. Have tried using USB bus charging direct but same thing happens.
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 11 (323 Views)

PS thanks for the suggestion.
Professional
Message 5 of 11 (304 Views)

Have you tried the same cable and charger that you use for your smartphone?

¹ The Lens is the Thing
³ "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 11 (299 Views)

Hi yes I've tried all the cables I have with me some of which I use for phone, tablet and smart watch.

Thanks for your suggestion
Professional
Message 7 of 11 (293 Views)

[ Edited ]

I presume that the camera is off when you try to charge the battery.

I suggest you find a local camera store that sells Sony cameras, and buy a seperate charger for the NP-BX1 battery (BC-TRX here in the US), and maybe even a spare battery. The one you get wherever you are, would almost certainly come with the appropriate plug(s).

¹ The Lens is the Thing
Professional
Message 8 of 11 (289 Views)

It's never a bad idea to have a spare battery and an external charger.

¹ The Lens is the Thing
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 11 (283 Views)

Good suggestions and may be the only option left it's not really my preference though. Already carrying more equipment paraphernalia than I would like.

And without knowing the root cause I am not confident it will solve the problem. In my nightmare I see myself buying a new battery every time one dies.

Thanks
Enthusiast
Message 10 of 11 (281 Views)

Good suggestions and may be the only option left it's not really my preference though. Already carrying more equipment paraphernalia than I would like.

And without knowing the root cause I am not confident it will solve the problem. In my nightmare I see myself buying a new battery every time one dies.

I do have the external charger and that doesn't work for some reason. The adaptor is only working as a way to connect with a different plug. Australia and Italy use same voltage.

Thanks

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook