Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Cybershot Cameras

USER-913893
Accepted Solution

Cybershot flash not working

Hi. I have a Sony Cybershot DSC-T200. The flash has never worked. When I press the flash icon, a rectangular box comes up and says "Flash Off" or something like that. When I press that box, the display disappears. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? (It's actually amazing that almost all of the pictures have come out as good as they are with no flash, even at night. The biggest problem is if someone is standing in front of a brighter area that is behind them.)

Thank you.
Please use plain text.
USER-914306

Re: Cybershot flash not working

I have the same problem. I have a DSC-T 90. On my screen I have an icon but it shows "No Flash". When I press it, it simply opens up to a drop-down box with No Flash -- off. I press it, but it doesn't change anything. It doesn't change it to Flash-On.

I can't believe no one at Sony has bothered to addess these concerns.
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
KimberlyS

Re: Cybershot flash not working

Some functions are not available, depending on the Scene selection mode.
page 45 will list the functions where the Flash is disabled.
http://www.docs.sony.com/release/DSCT70_handbook.pdf

You cannot use the flash when :
[REC Mode] is set to [Burst] or Exposure Bracket (page 47)
ISO (high sensitivity) mode or (Twilight) mode or (Fireworks) mode is selected in the Scene selection.,
Shooting with macro mode enabled
Shooting movies

If you feel a setting is causing the flash issues, initialize the camera back to default settings ( your internal memory pictures will remain)
touch [initialize]
touch [OK]
make sure that the power is not disconnected during resetting.
Please use plain text.