Cybershot Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 5 (574 Views)

DSC HX60V flash not working

Hello

I've got a DSC-HX60V and flash is not working, I mean, impossible to flash even in manual mode + Forced flash : No flashing.

I unscrew the 2 screws on the side of the flash to remove the cover of the flash lamp and I have found about 250V continuous between the 2 extrem soldering pin of the lamp.

Therefore I beleive that flash lamp is broken. I would like to buy a flash lamp or a flash kit (includig ribbon and mecanical arm) and get the repair manual for this parts.

Does anyone can help me ?

Greetings and Happy new Year (a bit too soon)

Rookie
Message 2 of 5 (544 Views)

Re: DSC HX60V flash not working

I have exactly the same thing. HX60V .. Flash pops up manually but will not flash in any mode. Just died one day. Made a loud pop and that was it. Is there any fix. Camera still works fine but just no flash.

Mike 

Message 3 of 5 (502 Views)

Re: DSC HX60V flash not working

[ Edited ]

Hi, 

Welcome to Sony's Community Site! 

We're sorry to hear about this problem that you’re having with your DSC-HX60V. We recommend that you send your camera to a Sony facility to be repaired, For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence  http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Regards,

Dave

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 5 (92 Views)

Re: DSC HX60V flash not working / Sony blocking support request emails - anyone else getting support emails blocked?

Hi,

I have that same problem about the flash on the same model. Has anyone succeeded in emailing Sony support? I clicked on the link displayed in the post immediately above . But at the stage of submitting the email I kept getting blocked  - on the Captcha entry. I'm wondering if Sony is blocking all support inquiry requests and forcing everyone come to come to the Community page. My entries for Captcha were rejected more than a dozen times. The last words displayed were : TREMP LAUREL. Dead simple. But that and all the other two-word combinations - with various mixes of upper and lower case -  were rejected as entered incorrectly. When I clicked for the audio option a message came back that the file was not supported. Thus, I'm curious whether other Sony customers have hit the same block by Sony on email support requests. In contrast, when I signed up for this Commuity forum, the Captcha was accepted on the first attempt.Please advise if you are getting the same Captcha or other kind of block on emails to Sony support. Thanks.

Message 5 of 5 (37 Views)

Re: DSC HX60V flash not working / Sony blocking support request emails - anyone else getting support emails blocked?

[ Edited ]

Hi 2017Annoyed2017,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We're sorry to hear that you're having a problem in sending an email to our support. To check on this page, may we know what is the link you are pertaining to? 

On the flash issue on the camera, kindly refer to this link to help you troubleshoot the unit. https://ca.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43072/p/40096,40097,40507,92428/c/65,67/kw/flash%2...

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook