Welcome to the Community!

Cybershot Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 7 (620 Views)

DSC-TX30

Is the TX-30 Waterproof Camera with fix Optical Zoom still being made? If not, is there a new version coming out and if so, when?

Message 2 of 7 (602 Views)

Re: DSC-TX30

[ Edited ]

Hi Thatgirllisa,

Welcome to Sony's Community Site! 

Thanks for showing your interest in our products. By the pool, snorkeling, and skiing — the TX30 has an OLED screen and an 18.2­MP sensor for detailed photos and smooth Full HD videos of coral reefs or snow-covered slopes. You can inquire about the availability of the camera by contacting Sony's authorized retailers near you. Please visit our official Sony US website at http://www.sony.com/ to view our latest product collections. 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Regards,

Dave

Rookie
Message 3 of 7 (595 Views)

I have had the DSC-TX30 for a year now and need to buy one for a Christmas gift. I can't find any other than used ones on EBay & Amazon. Do you have any way to help me find one? Any color? IT IS THE BEST CAMERA I HAVE EVER USED and I'm 52 years old!

Thanks,

Debbie Matthews 11.28.16

Rookie
Message 4 of 7 (589 Views)

Dave,

Thank you for your response.  However, the only place I can find the TX30 is on ebay/amazon at a very high cost.  Do you know why there is no availability?  Also, is there a new version coming out soon?

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 7 (447 Views)

It would seems that the TX30 is not anymore listed on the site ... 

Hope you will replace it somehow - I think it is still one of the best waterproof cameras around and a simple "refresh" of the sensor would insure that it remains a competitive offering.

Rookie
Message 6 of 7 (252 Views)

Can have mine for free if you want - just died on me for no reason. Won't charge, won't turn on, etc. worked fine last week. Makes no sense. So do I pay $166 to get it repaired, if it's just going to ****** out again? I think not. I'm going to buy a Canon instead and see what happens there.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 7 (116 Views)

Sorry to hear about your issues.

To be honest I have been a heavy user of waterproof cameras for the past 10 years (starting with the very first Olympus) and have killed more than I dare to count (at least 20 of various make). I can say without hesitation that the TX30 is one of the best on that account. That's one of the reason (with it's super small size) that I regret it's passing.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook