Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Cybershot Cameras

Groovin'
halfpipe

DSC-hx300 multi-use usb terminal hub allowing for shooting with ac power and use of the remote zoom

DSC-hx300 multi-use usb terminal hub allowing for shooting with ac power and use of the remote zoom 

I have purchase ac-ud20 and cables but when all wired to the camera, the camera turns on and is powered by ac and the green light on the handle / remote is on but non of the functions on the remote such as zoom control will not operate.

Is an adapter or micro usb hub available for this purpose?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ErikV

Re: DSC-hx300 multi-use usb terminal hub allowing for shooting with ac power and use of the remote z

Hi,

There is no adapter or USB hub available for this Camera which will provide remote operations.

Please use plain text.
Garage Band
tecnocato

Re: DSC-hx300 multi-use usb terminal hub allowing for shooting with ac power and use of the remote zoom

According to another response: "the Remote Control RM-VPR1 is compatible with the Sony Camera model DSC-HX300. You can use this Remote by attaching the supplied Multi Terminal Cable to the Multi/Micro USB Terminal on of the Camera." but I am guessing you want power through the same connector as well... for that you'll have to make your own cable modification as sony does not make it yet.. It is not easy and requires a lot of skill. I do not know why they not make it as the cannocetors has evrything to provide power along with the other signals. They used to included in other MULTI terminal versions but for some inknoen reasin they are not including power IN with the new generation eventhough it has that capabiity.

Please use plain text.