Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Cybershot Cameras

Tuning Up
kiwirick
Accepted Solution

Firmware Update for RX100

Hi,

Does Sony ever release firmware updates for CyberShot cameras (I have a RX100) ?  I ask because I find it altogether too easy to press the Movie button by accident. I never take movies, so would like to disable or reassign that button. It would be a good feature for a future firmware update, I think.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
CharlieV

Re: Firmware Update for RX100

Hello Richard,

This camera does not have those features that you asked and we do not have the information about the release of the next update.

Regards,

Charlie

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
kiwirick

Charlie

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, I realize that the camera doesn't have the feature. So how do I go about suggesting to Sony that this might be a good feature to implement in a firmware upgrade ?  I'm not the only person who has an issue with the lack of a feature to disable to Movie Mode button. 

Thanks .... Richard

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
CharlieV

Hi Richard,

We want to thank you for your valuable suggestion and will forward it to the correct department.

Regards,

Charlie

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
DanPat1

Could not agree more.  It is the weakest point of an otherwise terrific camera.  Almost daily I have started a video by the way the camera is held.  A firmware update can hopefully fix that.  I'm sure others would welcome that, as well as the afore-mentioned bracketing range extension.  Should be do-able.  Sony? 

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
The_Waffler

They've made the 'movie' button menu selectable, in the m2. (Not much help for Mk1 owners!)

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
kiwirick

Yes, I saw that. I'm very disenchanted with Sony's attitude to firware updates. This issue is something that could very easily have been addressed via an update. Canon and other serious camera manufacturers release updates on a regular basis. Why not Sony ?  I'm certainly not going to upgrade to a RX100 II to obtain a fix for a limitation that arguably shouldn't have been in the product in the first instance. Sony - are you actually listening to your customers ?  I already have two Sony cameras, but this sort of treatment does not  influence me favourably for future Sony purchases.

Richard

Please use plain text.