Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Cybershot Cameras

New Contributor
USER-952206
Accepted Solution

Memory cards for DSC-P200

I have an "old" DSC-P200 that I'm planning to keep for now and trying to find out more about compatible memory sticks. The specs say it takes a Memory Stick or a Memory Stick Pro, and I've got the latter in the SanDisk Magic Gate version. However, the model's accessories listed at the Sony site show a memory stick duo, and duo's and Pro duo's are now the most widely available. To me, the duo style looks too wide for the stick's camera slot and I don't see how an adapter could remedy that. But Amazon shows a Sony Memory Media Stick Duo Replacement Adaptor that it says is compatible with "Memory Stick hardware." Would someone please clarify all this for me? If a duo style worked, memory card capacity possibilities open up. Thanks,
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
NathanielL

Re: Memory cards for DSC-P200

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums.

Simply get a Memory Stick Duo Adapter and you will be able to use the Memory Stick Pro Duo in the camera. The size of the memory stick will fit the adapter whether it be a Duo or a Pro Duo.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-952206

Re: Memory cards for DSC-P200

Thanks for the clarification. Pictures can be deceiving (I hope). By a roundabout search, I found a DSC-P200 memory compatibility chart on the British Sony: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/produc ... patibility.

Btw, does "duo" refer to two-sided memory?
Please use plain text.