Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Cybershot Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 1 of 3 (1,118 Views)

Norton firewall rules for DSC-WX80 wifi transfer to computer

I beleive that my Norton firewall is blocking my DSC-WX80  wifi transfers.  Can you provide a list of the firewall rules I need to add?  I noticed that the setup added rules to the Windows firewall.  I just need the same rules to be added to my Norton firewall.

Message 2 of 3 (1,098 Views)

Re: Norton firewall rules for DSC-WX80 wifi transfer to computer

Good day Tom,

We do not have firewall rules to give out for your Norton security software. Have you tried to disable the Norton software and transfer the files wirelessly? Try the steps on the link below which might help you import those picture from the camera to your PC.

Import pictures and videos to computer using Playmemories Home

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Message 3 of 3 (281 Views)

Re: Norton firewall rules for DSC-WX80 wifi transfer to computer

[ Edited ]

I know this is years later, but I had the same question, and found the answer. At first, I was able to transfer pictures, then it quit. Additionally, I wasn't able to open my settings from PlayMemories. 

After talking to Sony support, I re-registered the access point, then re-registered the computer. Here's the instructions from Sony.

It still didn't work. So I tried turning off Norton. It worked. I turned on pieces of Norton, with the firewall being the last item. Everything worked until I turned on the firewall.

Finally, I did a little more research and found the answer: make sure your WiFi network is marked as a "home" or "Private" network. Here's the page where I found that. Then Norton gets out of the way. My network had been set as a "public" network. Once I changed it to "private," the WiFi transfer worked even with the Firewall turned on. That makes sense: on a public network, the firewall should be more restrictive.

I'm using a Lenovo Laptop on Windows 10 Home 64-bit. 

I hope this helps.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook