Cybershot Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 6 (230 Views)

On and Off Switch on my Sony DSC-RX100M4 not working all of the time

[ Edited ]

I have a great camera, a Sony DSC-RX100M4, that I purchased in 2015.  The camera has always been "slow" turning on and off.  I assume that this is normal for thie camera ? However, even with a fresh fully charged battery, over this past Christmas holiday the camera began not turning on at all.  I would press the button and nothing would happen.  Sometimes it would turn on and sometimes it would not.  The camera is out of warranty and I telephoned Sony yesterday and the customer service representative said that I should go to the web site and complete a camera repair document.  The minimum charge to repair the camera is $320.00 and Sony out sources the repair to another company.

On this site in other threads the repair company has not received the best reference.  

Before I send the camera in for repair, has anyone else had this issue or does anyone know of a "fix" ? 

Thank you in advance.  Michael

Professional
Message 2 of 6 (217 Views)

Re: On and Off Switch on my Sony DSC-RX100M4 not working all of the time

You could try leaving the battery out for at least 24 hours, then try it.

¹ The Lens is the Thing
² 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'
³ "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 6 (214 Views)

Thanks TCav -- I will try this .....

Expert
Message 4 of 6 (195 Views)

mgardner2366 wrote:

I have a great camera, a Sony DSC-RX100M4, that I purchased in 2015.  The camera has always been "slow" turning on and off.  I assume that this is normal for thie camera ? However, even with a fresh fully charged battery, over this past Christmas holiday the camera began not turning on at all.  I would press the button and nothing would happen.  Sometimes it would turn on and sometimes it would not.

1) Pull out memory card. Does it turn on fast?  Replace memory card.

2) Turn on the with the PLAY button.  Does it turn on fast? Does touching the shutter button turn lens fast?  Do this then and save

$320.00.   I guess pull the battery to turn it off.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 6 (193 Views)

Dear sludge2017 -- thanks very much.  I will try your suggestions after 24 hours -- I'm leaving the battery out for 24 hours as previously suggested .... Michael

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 6 (122 Views)

Well, I tried all of the suggestions and the camera still has the same problem.  The exact issue is that when I poress the on and off switch the camera does not always turn on ..... anyone have this issue ? Maybe it is the camera model ?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook