Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Cybershot Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 7 (8,224 Views)

Photos disappeared from memory card. Not on internal memory either.

I took photos today and viewed them on the camera.  When I got home, they were not on the card or internal memory.  There were about 30 photos that vanished.  Any help?  Thanks

Expert
Message 2 of 7 (8,214 Views)

Re: Photos disappeared from memory card. Not on internal memory either.

Please check the following items so that we could find a possible resolution to the problem.

1. Are all of the images you took today missing? Were there some that were saved?
  2. Did this happen previously using the same memory card?
  3. Is the memory card recognized properly by the camera?
  4. Are the images still missing when you attempt to view them on your computer?

Also provide details about the model number of your camera and memory card.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 7 (8,140 Views)

I agree with the #2 post, you shoul check whether all the thing in the camera are well. You can connect the memory card to computer and all folders in the card. If you still can't find anything, it won't hurt you to try to use memory card  lost photo recovery tool to scan your camera memory card!

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 7 (7,936 Views)

You may try memory card photo recovery software, see this guide: how to recover photo from memory card

helped me before.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 7 (7,426 Views)

[ Edited ]

I also encountered these baffling problems probably because memory cards are vulnerable due to physical or logical damages. As FrancisG said, it is recommended to recover the lost files according to the following steps:

(1) Remove the memory card from your digital camera, and insert it into your computer (or via a card reader). Check the memory card on your computer, and confirm whether the photos are still on the memory card.

(2) If the pictures on the memory card are gone for good, then you can only restore the lost pictures with a professional picture recovery tool.

Note: Neither shoot new photos and videos with your camera, nor write new files to your memory card unless you have already retrieved the lost pictures.

Rookie
Message 6 of 7 (3,834 Views)

Jasonking wrote:

I agree with the #2 post, you shoul check whether all the thing in the camera are well. You can connect the memory card to computer and all folders in the card. If you still can't find anything, it won't hurt you to try to use this photo recovery tool to scan your camera memory card!

I saw this post from Google and need to recover deleted photos from my Sony camera. I downloaded and tried all the suggestion in this post and this is the only valid one in 2016. Thanks

Rookie
Message 7 of 7 (222 Views)

You can try Yolisoft Photo Recovery software. 

What Makes this Sony Photo Recovery Software Outstanding

One may wish to ask, why should I use Yolisoft Photo Recovery when there are thousand of software to choose from?

• In addition to recovering deleted photos from Sony Cybershot cameras, the program also allows you to restore lost multimedia data from your PC hard drive, external memory disk, USB drive, etc.

• It comes with an instructive user interface, and is proved to be reliable, fast, safe and very easy to use.

• All Sony Cybershot digital camera models are supported, like the DSC-WX350/300/220/200/170, DSC-TX30/300V/100V/10/9, DSC-S3000/2100/2000, DSC-RX10, DSC-RX1R II, DSC-RX100 IV/III, DSC-HX200V, DSC-HX90V, DSC-HX80/60, DSC-H400/300/200, etc.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook