Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Cybershot Cameras

Tuning Up
USER-937666
Accepted Solution

PlayMemories and Windows 7

I'm having a problem transferring my videos to a DVD. PlayMemories doesn't have a Create Disc option at the top. When I go to the Settings and Toolbar, the Create Disc option isn't highlighted, so I can't put a checkmark by it. Both techs upgraded the software and uninstalled and reinstalled the software, but I still don't have the Create Disc option. This is a Windows 7 64-bit HP Pavilion dv7-4180.

I've spent two and a half hours with two different techs remotely accessing my laptop, only to have both of them tell me to try the software on another computer. As you can imagine, I'm not really thrilled with that response. Has anyone else had this problem and solved it? I'm not at all interested in having someone remotely access my laptop again. I work from home and lost money since I couldn't work while they were logged in.
Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
USER-937666

PlayMemories and Windows 7

Does anyone have any tips for getting PlayMemories to work properly with Windows 7? I can transfer the images and video from the DSC-W650, but I don't have the "Create Disc" option. I spent hours with support remote dialed in to my computer, only to have them tell me to try another computer (because everyone has a spare computer?). They (I had two different support sessions) uninstalled and reinstalled the software and upgraded it, but I still don't have the Create Disc option. Any suggestions?

Ok, since this post I've found out that the camera records videos in mp4, and that is not a valid format for using PlayMemories to Create a Disc, which is probably why I don't have that option. I suppose I now have to figure out how to convert the files from mp4 to something else so I can get the videos onto a disc. I can't imagine why two reps (with almost three hours of time) couldn't figure this out. Disappointing.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
USER-983808

Re: PlayMemories and Windows 7

Here are a few mp4 programs that are totally free, or free to try.

http://www.zdnet.com/search?q=mp4+video+file+converter

try a few and see what works
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Inego

Hi,

The PlayMemories Home supplied with the latest camera that records in MP4 doesn't have the create disc feature and only those camera that records in AVCHD.

Hope this helps.
Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
USER-937666

That does help in terms of the camera. I also have a HandyCam that I used on our desktop comuter. The software for that was very user-friendly: one touch DVD burn, etc. I believe the name of the software it came with was ImageMixer. Apparenty that's not compaitable with WIndows 7, either (the desktop is in storage). I had the Sony folks dial in again to try to give me the Create Disc option with that, to no avail. I will try one of the programs mentioned by the other poster. The last thing I downloaded from CNET gave me a virus and an unwanted toolbar. Too bad this can't be easy! Thanks for your help and previous comments!

Please use plain text.