Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Cybershot Cameras

Emerging Star
corradoart
Accepted Solution

RX100 firmware update to improve AEB system

Hello,

it would be absolutely perfect if the RX100 had a better auto exposure bracketing system, that allows you to shoot more than 3 exposures (5 or 7 would be good) at 2EV or 3EV intervals between each shot.

Actually it has a very limited AEB system, that allows you to shoot only 3 exposures at 0.3EV or 0.7EV intervals. I hope it would be possible to have a firmware update.

Thank you

Corrado

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ColbyP

Re: RX100 firmware update to improve AEB system

[ Edited ]

Hi Corrado,

Thank you for your suggestion.

The number of images that can be shot while setting the Drive Mode as Bracket shooting cannot be changed by Firmware update.

May be, this option will be changed in the newer versions.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
corradoart

Hello Colby,

thanks for your reply but pardon me if find that very hard to believe, as Sony recently made it with NEX-7 firmware update to version 1.01 (three frames 1.0EV,2.0EV, 3.0EV instead of 0.7EV), just to mention the first one I've found on your website.

More, the custom firmware (or better say it is just a 'sidewere') CHDK available for Canon compact cameras enhances the bracketing mode with unlimited frames at all possible EV steps.

That's why I seriously believe that modifying the bracket shooting mode on the RX100 is possible with a firmware update, at least for what concern the EV spacing.

This is a must-have feature for this hi-end compact camera, pardon me if I insist, I'm sure Sony can do that.

Regards,
Corrado

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
arkid

I add my support to request this firmware change as well.

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
caspian

Hi Colby,

I also agree with Corrado. This is a must-have feature for the RX100. I have much better bracketing on my less expensive cameras from Panasonic Lumix and Cannon, and just expected this on the RX100. Please press this issue with your management team. As a software developer myself, I know a software upgrade for this would be some amount of work, but nothing out of the ordinary. Did you realize that there are literally hundreds of people asking for this feature on the dpreview.com forums? I can provide a link if you don't think this is an issue.

If your management cares so little for your customers that they won't make this simple change this will (unfortunately) be my last Sony camera. The hardware is good, but the hardware is worthless if the software doesn't keep up. As Corrado mentioned, Cannon is very friendly by supporting the community's efforts with CHDK. If Sony doesn't want to spend the time to keep their firmware up to date, please at least put us in touch with someone from the software development team who can help us help ourselves.

Regards,

Brandon

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
bryandscott74

Please add my name to the list of customers looking for improvements to the bracketing options in a future RX100 firmware release. 0.7 EV is simply not good enough. Inferior cameras relased years ago have better bracketing than the RX100. Overall, the RX100 is a pretty fantastic little camera, but without an improved  AEB system, I doubt I will consider any other Sony prducts in the future.

Bryan Scott

http://www.winnipeglovehate.com/

Please use plain text.
JBL Tuning Up
Tuning Up
JBL

I agree with others here and on flicker discussion groups. At least make the three shots in AEB selectable up to at least 2 eV apart via a firmware update. 

Thanks,

Jerry

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Erecent

RX100 - Request for better auto exposure bracketing system

[ Edited ]

Hi Sony,

I am an avid HDR photographer and the RX100 is an excellent travel compaion for me to take around on my trips. Unfortunatly, it has a very limited AEB system and 3 exposure of 0.3EV - 0.7EV is certainly not enough for HDR photography. Could we have a better auto exposure bracketing system, preferably one that allows us to shoot more than 3 exposures at 2EV or 3EV intervals? Since the in built HDR features allows up to 6 EV, i don't see why this is not done for the bracketing system. 

Best Regards,

Terence

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ShaunH

Re: RX100 - Request for better auto exposure bracketing system

Hello Terence,

We cannot speculate future events or firmware updates, nor can we guess when or if a product will in the future have functionality it currently does not have. 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."
Thank you for your post.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
waringm

I would find it acceptable to have 3 shots with 2EV.

This is a BIG deal for me as well.

Please use plain text.