Cybershot Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 5 (3,183 Views)
Accepted Solution

RX100 iii will not turn on after firmware update error

I was doing a firmware update on my new camera and there was an error during the install of the new firmware, after it already had reset the old firmware. Now the camera will only have the green light on but the screen remains always black. What do I have to do??

Rookie
Message 2 of 5 (3,127 Views)

Re: RX100 iii will not turn on after firmware update error

I just encountered the same problem. Was updating the firmware to version 1.1 and the software gave me an error. 

After that my RX100M3 will not turn on. The green light on the on/off button is constantly on. I tried several different things but still cant get it to turn on. 

Tried to take out the battery for 10 mins then put it back in. The battery is fully charged. I also plugged the camera into power cable, same thing, green light but cant turn on. took out SD card, still wont turn on. 

Please help.

Thanks

Naveen

Rookie
Message 3 of 5 (3,102 Views)

The error was solved by connecting the camera do the computer and re-installing the firmware.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 5 (3,033 Views)

i am stuck and keep giving me error each time 

its a brick now 

not sure what to do 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 5 (3,027 Views)

i found i have to transfer the application to the application folder and NOT  to run  from the image 

after i did that the my Sony is Alive 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook