Welcome to the Community!

Cybershot Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 3 (1,035 Views)
Accepted Solution

RX100V "Focused Position" in playback - a software glitch?

hello,

not sure if there is a problem with my rx100v but I don't seem to be able to get the camera to playback the pic that I've just taken, focusing on the "focused position" of the image, instead of going back to the "centre" of that image....???

in "playback" menus on page 2, "enlarge initial position" is set to "focused position"

i tryed pretty much all combinations of "focus area" and "focus mode" in "P" but as soon as I review the pic's focus, by pulling the zoom lever to the right, the image zooms into the centre instead of the focused point. Drives me nuts!!!

the only way I get it to zoom into the "focused position" ( but is nowhere near ideal) is:

drive mode : single shooting

focus mode: single-shot AF or automatic AF

focus area: flexible spot or expand flexible spot

With these settings, don't move the camera at all, just move around the focus spot anywhere, take the picture and zoom in. Zoom will go straight into the focused spot of the image. Great! But!

90% of the time I just focus the old fashion way, with half-pressed shutter, recompense, shoot. But in this instance the zoom-in, in order to check the focus, is going right into the middle of the picture taken, not where the shutter was focused half-pressed.

can anyone please try this to see if we can confirm this behaviour?

i am not certain but I think that when I got the camera a few weeks ago "focused position" was behaving normally, so to speak (or rather the way I need to). I did initialised the camera a few times, just in case some other setting conflicts with "focused position" but still no luck.

any ideas?

Thanks

Message 2 of 3 (991 Views)

Re: RX100V "Focused Position" in playback - a software glitch?

Hi Coolshrek

Based on the description of your issue, I would recommend you to contact local Service Centre for further diagnosis. 

Thanks!

Regards

Jas

Rookie
Message 3 of 3 (170 Views)

Re: RX100V "Focused Position" in playback - a software glitch?

i love Cat Mad

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook