Welcome to the Community!

Cybershot Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 7 (313 Views)
Accepted Solution

Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-RX10M3 and Flash HVL-60M wireless remote connection?

Hi,

I have not yet been able to use the wireless remote connection of the flash, I would like to know if I need an accessory? to use the remote connection,

greetings!

Professional
Message 2 of 7 (303 Views)

Re: Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-RX10M3 and Flash HVL-60M wireless remote connection?

Start with the basics:

Have you set the Flash Mode of the RX10 III to Wireless?

The internal flash of the RX10 III can't be used as a wireless trigger. Do you have another external flash mounted on the RX10 III?

¹ The Lens is the Thing
² 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'
³ "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 7 (296 Views)

Thanks for answering,

Unfortunately I do not have another flash.

Yes, I've noticed that the rx-10m3 does not bring the device to wirelessly control the F60M flash. I wonder if I buy the wireless radio controller FA-WRC1M can wirelessly control the F60M?

Regards!!
Professional
Message 4 of 7 (280 Views)

1. The RX10 III isn't compatible with the Wireless Radio Commander FA-WRC1M.

2. The F60M would require the Wireless Radio Receiver FA-WRR1.

For the RX10 III to use the F60M wirelessly, you'll need to use another flash, like the HVL-F20M, mounted on the camera.

You might also be able to use a third party product to achieve the same results.

¹ The Lens is the Thing
³ "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 7 (266 Views)

Ok, thanks for your patience.

To better understand and use the HVL-F60m flash wirelessly with the RX-10M3. Do I need the Radio Receiver FA-WRR1 connected to the F60M and I would also need the HVL-F20M to send the signal to the FA-WRR1 - F60M ?, or would I just buy the FA-WRR1?
Professional
Message 6 of 7 (239 Views)

[ Edited ]

crleru wrote:

To better understand and use the HVL-F60m flash wirelessly with the RX-10M3. Do I need the Radio Receiver FA-WRR1 connected to the F60M and I would also need the HVL-F20M to send the signal to the FA-WRR1 - F60M ?, or would I just buy the FA-WRR1?

No.

The FA-WRC1M and FA-WRR1 use radio transmissions to communicate. And while the FA-WRR1 is compatible with your F60M, the FA-WRC1M is not compatible with your RX10, so you can't use either of them with the gear you've got.

The F20M and the F60M use light signals to communicate, so aside from the F20M, you don't need anything else. You mount an F20M on your RX10, set up your RX10 for wireless, and the RX10 will signal the F20M to tell the F60M what to do and when.

¹ The Lens is the Thing
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 7 (215 Views)

Thank you very much, I understand perfectly that I have to buy,

greetings!

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook