Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Cybershot Cameras

Tuning Up
Amit_dey
Accepted Solution

Sony Cybershot DSC HX 300 lens

what is the actual size of UV, Polarizer filter lens I should purchase for my Sony Cybershot HX 300. Is it 58mm or 55mm ? From Sony store suggestion it is appearing 55m whether in youtube there is a video of 58mm lens. I am confused need expert advice pls.

Please use plain text.
FrancisG

Re: Sony Cybershot DSC HX 300 lens

We cannot confirm the exact filter diameter size of the lens because it is not a published specification. There also is no compatibility information about the use of filters with this camera.

If this post answers your question, please mark it "Accept as Solution."

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Amit_dey

This is a big problem with such a long range zoom camera it has possibilities but Sony didn't provide us a proper handbook with the box. As I am not a professional now only way to learn all is trial and error method I have to test both 55mm and 58mm lens to see which fit in perfectly with my camera. Yet I believe sony should have provided a detail guidebook of this camera while purchasing.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
JTTGoPats

The UV filter I purchased for mine is 55mm and works perfectly. I purchased a Rocketfish brand from BestBuy
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
cmosse

On the EU site the filters are listed as compatible:

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/dsc-h-series/dsc-hx300/accessories

They are just missing yet in the Sony Style Store USA site:

http://store.sony.com/p/Sony-Cyber-shot-HX300-High-Zoom-Camera/en/p/DSCHX300/B#accessories

Please use plain text.