Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 3 (155 Views)
Accepted Solution

Sony HX50 Dust on Sensor

I have a Sony HX50 that has dust on the sensor.  As I zoom the dust spec gets bigger.  It appears as a roundish smudge in the photos.  I have tried the vacum cleaner suggestion as well as the comressed air suggestion to remove the dust.  I have even opened the camera back and bottom to blow air into it.  I have had the camera looked at by a couple of repair places but they each have quoted over $400 to clean the camera.  This is the price of a new or refurbished HX50!  Surely this camera is not meant to be disposable!  My question is, is there a manual available on breaking down the HX50 and cleaning the sensor myself?  I have seen videos on replacing the lens, which looks easy enough but I have no idea where the sensor is located or how best to remove the dust spot I am seeing.  Any ideas would be appreciated.  There has to be a cheaper alternative then $400 to repair a $400 camera!

Professional
Message 2 of 3 (148 Views)

Re: Sony HX50 Dust on Sensor

Precision Camera quotes $126.50 for fixing an HX50V. Unless they need to replace parts, a cleaning shouldn't cost more than that.

¹ The Lens is the Thing
² 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'
³ "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3 (144 Views)

Re: Sony HX50 Dust on Sensor

Many thanks!  I will check with them.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook