Welcome to the Community!

Cybershot Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 7 (4,029 Views)

Sony RX100 II Battery exhausted

I have had the RX100 II for almost 2 years now. Its been working fine up until now but last month I went on a  trip and one day suddenly thre "battery exhausted" sign came up and the camer shut down. I charged the battery overnight and put it in but once again the same "battery exhausted" sign and the shut down. Upon returing home I bought a new battery, same thing again. I then bought a new battery charger hopign that it was the charger but to no avail. The issue is instantaneous - put in a charged battery, it comes on for a few seconds and then shows "battery exhausted" and shuts down. At this point it has got to be the camera. I now have a batteries, 2 battery chargers and a dead camera! I cant believe that such an expensive only lasted barely 2 years. HELP!!

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 7 (3,685 Views)

Re: Sony RX100 II Battery exhausted

This is also happening to me with a Sony A77. I have two chargers and 4 batteries, all the batteries are expensive Sony Batteries. When I put a battery in the camera says 100%, then I take 4-6 pics, and it says battery exhausted. Then I take the battery out, put the same battery back in and get 2-3 photos, then get the battery exhausted message. Every time I take out the battery and put it back in the precentage goes down a bit, but I have to take it out and put it back in to get more photos. This is happening with all 4 batteries so I think it is the camera. Hope I still have some time on my warrenty!!

Message 3 of 7 (3,655 Views)

Hi leahathome,

Welcome to the Sony Community!

We're sorry to hear that you're having issues using the DSCRX100 camera. The incorrect battery information could indicate that the camera is not reading the battery correctly. I recommend doing a power reset to resolve the issue. Remove the battery and switch the camera on for a full minute or two. Reinsert the battery and leave the camera off for 24 hours. Please make sure to use a fully charged battery when doing this. 

If the issue persists, service may be needed for your unit.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution". Thanks_Mitch

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 7 (3,646 Views)

Thank you so much for your reply.  With the battery out do I then hold down the on switch for a minute?  Or do I just try to switch camera on as if I had a battery in it?  I am uncertain how I turn the camera on for a minute or two without a battery in it.  Thanks for your clarification. 

Message 5 of 7 (3,629 Views)

Hi leahathome,

You will need to hold the power button for the whole minute while the battery is out.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution". Thanks_Mitch

Rookie
Message 6 of 7 (1,258 Views)

Same thing I'm facing with Sony alpha
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 7 (1,241 Views)

I bought new batteries. A guy at a camera store told me to freeze all the batteries for 48 hours in the deep freeze, then let them warm and then recharge them. Apparently they don't fully charge once they are getting old, even though it says they are charged 100%, they really aren't. Freezing didn't work for me, however my husband has tried freezing batteries for tools and it has helped them, so others may want to try it. 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook