Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Cybershot Cameras

USER-972093
Accepted Solution

Sony RX100 User Manual?

I was just notified that my RX100 shipped from Pennsylvania yesterday, July 18, so I'm eager to read the User Manual to get a head start.

But in an online review it was stated that Sony only supplies a small 'getting-started' booklet, and supplies neither a paper nor a CD User manual. Searching the Sony site, I've been unable to find an RX100 User Manual here, either. Is there a User Manual?

Not having a User Manual would be a serious problem for me; it would force me to consider returning the camera.
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
KimberlyS

Re: Sony RX100 User Manual?

Hello,
Welcome to the Users Discussion Forums.
Congratulations on your RX100 purchase!

The Cybershot Users Guide as well as the Instruction Manual are both linked on the Support page under the " Manuals Specs and Warranty" tab at Esupport:
http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-hom ... manualsTab

For your convenience we will link them here as well separately.
Cybershot RX100 Users Guide
http://esupport.sony.com/docs/dvimag/DS ... index.html

Instruction Manual
http://www.docs.sony.com/release/DSCRX100_EN_ES.pdf

Be sure to come back and let us know how you liked it!
Please use plain text.
USER-987380

So there is a full instruction manual on-line.
how can I print one? It is not convenient to always go on-line when out in the field.
It seems to be a serious flaw in the product that there is no printed detailed instruction manual.... no PDF of it....
For the price of the camera, there should be a detailed pocket manual to carry when shooting.
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
KimberlyS

Hello,
Welcome to the User Discussion Forums as well,
Instructions for printing the Cybershot Users guide can be found here:
http://esupport.sony.com/docs/dvimag/DS ... 01/01.html

There is not a hard copy version included in box or offered separately.
Please use plain text.
USER-925841

The questions re the RX100 User Manual are good and the SONY answers are bad.

Yes its true that there is a User's Manual. And, its also true that you can print one or two pages at a time. But, there is no excuse for not having a CD available or at least a PDF so that the whole manual can be studied when away from the computer.

Furthermore, The tutorials and videos that are supposed to be available are generic in nature and do not refer directly to the RX100.

For a camera this expensive and this complex, the least that could have and should have been done is to provide a comprehensive manual. SONY was too quick to get the camera out and too slow to make it usable except in automatic mode!
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
KimberlyS

Hello Everyone,
Thank you for your Posts,
We will forward your requests for a hard copy , or at least a PDF version of the Users Guide.

As for Tutorials specifically for the RX100, we can forward your request to our sonylistens team. many tutorial videos, as well as tips and tricks are regularly featured on YouTube. We invite you to check out the Sonylistens Youtube page here: http://www.youtube.com/user/SonyListens/featured
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-988020

Yes, Mod_Sony_ACS_K52S, we need that comprehensive users guide in one printable PDF. It would have been better to include it in the package, but too late now. I thought I figured out how to shut off all the sounds and while taking a photo at a play last night, one of the actors heard the beeps and clicks and gave me the dirtiest look ever.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-938634

I need a user guide for DSCHX30V in PDF also!! I don't always have interent connection so I want it to download to "books" on smartphone or print. I don't need the manual that comes with the camera- no help.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-938634

User guide DSCHX30V PDF

Where can I get a PDF user guide for Cybershot DSCHX30V to download to computer? All I can find & have is the manual. I need something to read without internet connection.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-938634

PDF user guide DSCHX30V

Where can I get a PDF user guide for Cybershot DSCHX30V to download to computer? All I can find & have is the manual. I need something to read without internet connection so I can learn how to use it.
Please use plain text.