Cybershot Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 12 (17,346 Views)
Accepted Solution

Sony RX100 transfer videos and photos to IPad Air

I just purchased the camera today. I took some videos and photos to do a review on youtube and now I can't upload them to ipad. I have the apple adaptors and I use them with my other point and shoot cameras. I don't want to return this amazing camera but I. MUST be able to upload to iPad Air.
Expert
Message 2 of 12 (17,331 Views)

Re: Sony RX100 transfer videos and photos to IPad Air

When using the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit, the iPad device should automatically open the Photos application and allow you to choose which pictures to import. This kit will allow you to connect the camera via USB cable or the SD memory card interface.

Just to verify, which connection method are you using? What are the formats of the images / videos that you are trying to import?
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 12 (17,312 Views)

As stated...... I have the adaptors and I know how to use them. I use them on other cameras. I realized that I could NOT transfer Acvhd format only meg4 would transfer. So I returned the camera since I could not get the full use of a 600 dollar camera to work with my iPad. I purchased a sony wx80 and NOW there is NO option on this cheaper camera to record meg4. Only Acvhd. Can you please assist since you are Sony and tell me if this 100 camera has a setting to record video that will transfer to the iPad air using the adaptors??????
Expert
Message 4 of 12 (17,304 Views)

Go to MENU -->  [Settings] -->  [Shooting Settings] --> [Movie Format] --> [MP4]. After changing this setting, you should be able to transfer recorded videos using the adapters.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 12 (17,243 Views)

I purchased a RX100m2 and a new IPad Air and a cable to connect the camera to the Ipad and I still cannot get the photos to transfer from one to the other. I have talked to Apple and Sony previously and none of their tech suggestions worked. When I hook up the $35 dollar Sony USB cable and turn on the camera and Ipad I get this message on the camera "Check the connected device" and "Cannot use device DSC-RX 100M2: The connected device requires too much power". Please send me some simple step by step instructions on how to make this work.
Expert
Message 6 of 12 (17,237 Views)

Good day gchris!

You may need to change the following settings below to import pictures from the DSCRX100M2 to your iPad Air.

1. MENU →  2  [USB Connection]  [Mass storage]

2. MENU   2  [USB LUN Setting]  [Single]

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 12 (17,234 Views)

Thanks for your tip Paul but it didn't change anything. I'm still getting the same messages on the camera and the Ipad Air
Expert
Message 8 of 12 (17,222 Views)

If you have another USB cable, kindly try it to isolate the issue. Ensure also that the camera battery is fully charged when you attempt to transfer pictures again. Try using the SD card interface of  your Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit for further isolation. Please inform us if the issue continues after these recommendations.

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 12 (17,221 Views)

Jack, I don't have another USB cable. I did fully charge my battery and you cannot use an SD card interface with the IPad Air since the camera connection kit has 11 pin connector which will not work on the smaller port on the Ipad AIR. The cable I sent for from Apple has a small connector that goes into the IPad Air and the other end has a female USB connector which mates up with the cable that came with the camera. " I have talked to Apple and Sony previously and none of their tech suggestions worked. When I hook up the $35 dollar Sony USB cable and turn on the camera and Ipad I get this message on the camera "Check the connected device" and on the Ipad "Cannot use device DSC-RX 100M2: The connected device requires too much power". Please send me some simple step by step instructions on how to make this work.

Rookie
Message 10 of 12 (17,216 Views)

I would put the SD card into a Mac and use iMovie to edit your videos. Then load to iPad via iTunes.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook