Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Cybershot Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 1 of 5 (2,009 Views)

Sony wants to know your feedback on the RX10II and RX100IV cameras!

[ Edited ]

RX_FGI_SM-102015.png

Survey Link 

Sony Community Manager
Sr. Software Engineer
Peter Tat
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 5 (1,712 Views)

Re: Sony wants to know your feedback on the RX10II and RX100IV cameras!

Sorry I don't have either of those cameras, but I would like very much to give feedback on the RX100M3!  Is this possible?

Message 3 of 5 (1,685 Views)

Hi davemcc65,

You may also share your ideas, suggestions and feedbacks on Join the Inspiration thread so administrators and other users can pitch in.

Best regards, 

Zander

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 5 (1,063 Views)

The RX100 was an upgrade and the first time I spent this much on a camera. The camera's features and photo quality are in line with what I've always come to expect from Sony. However, like many of you, my issue is with the camera turning itself on and draining the battery. This started happening soon after I purchased the camera, but I thought that it was me and that I must be pressing a button without intending to. I purchased an expensive leather Sony case to solve the problem, but discovered it was not me after all. When left completely alone, the RX100 turns itself on, resulting in a continually drained battery. I purchased a replacement battery, thinking that would help. It did not. After discovering multiple online forums that pointed to an obvious defect, I contacted Sony. I was told to update the firmware, which I did. This did not solve the problem. The RX100 became more hassle than it was worth and remained in a drawer while I relied on my cheaper Canon point-and-shoot, as I couldn't rely on the former to stay charged. By the time I figured out that nothing was going to help the situation, I contacted Sony again and was told that there is "no known issue" with the RX100 and that they would not be able to repair or replace my camera. As a lifelong Sony customer, I was surprised and quite disappointed by this. From my first Walkman in 1984 to my current TVs, sony has always provided excellent customer service when needed. Very disappointing. Anybody have advice or a solution?

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 5 (1,058 Views)

I've read the previous posts, but I refuse to accept opening the camera up as a solution. This is a problem with the camera and Sony should be addressing it! Any ideas that might make Sony take responsibility for such a clearly defective product?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook