Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Cybershot Cameras

USER-980348

USB file Transfer DSC-S500 Windows 7 Home Premium

Please Help. I cannot transfer pictures from my Sony DSC-S500 camera to my Compaq computer via USB cable. The computer sees the camera in devices, but it can't find any pictures. I used to be able to download pictures to this computer. I suspect a driver was automatically updated and caused the problem. When I click on the camera in devices, I can see different drivers available for USB mass storage, drive F, and Sony DSC USB device, however I can't swich between them. I can download to my net book and work computer which are both on older windows systems. The camera is not the problem
Please use plain text.
USER-939764

Re: USB file Transfer DSC-S500 Windows 7 Home Premium

Please Help. I cannot transfer pictures from my Sony DSC-S500 camera to my Compaq computer via USB cable. The computer sees the camera in devices, but it can't find any pictures. I used to be able to download pictures to this computer. I suspect a driver was automatically updated and caused the problem. When I click on the camera in devices, I can see different drivers available for USB mass storage, drive F, and Sony DSC USB device, however I can't swich between them. I can download to my net book and work computer which are both on older windows systems. The camera is not the problem

> Please Help. I cannot transfer pictures from my Sony DSC-S500 camera to my Compaq
> computer via USB cable. The computer sees the camera in devices, but it can't find
> any pictures. I used to be able to download pictures to this computer. I suspect
> a driver was automatically updated and caused the problem. When I click on the camera
> in devices, I can see different drivers available for USB mass storage, drive F,
> and Sony DSC USB device, however I can't swich between them. I can download to my
> net book and work computer which are both on older windows systems. The camera is
> not the problem
Please use plain text.