Welcome to the Community!

Cybershot Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 6 (460 Views)

User Manual Problem

I just ordered a DSC-HX350B and I'm eagerly awaiting delivery. I downloaded the Help Manual, all 145 pages of it, just to familiarize myself with the camera. I don't see an index. Does anyone know why that is? If I wish to look for anything specific, I find that I have to scroll through the whole manual just to locate that item. That's very cumbersome, and time consuming. Or am I missing something here?

Comments are most welcome.....Thanks.......Dave

Professional
Message 2 of 6 (440 Views)

Re: User Manual Problem

Sony provides two seperate manuals for its cameras. One is the Help Guide, which you already have, and the other is the Instruction Manual. While the Help Guide doesn't have an index, the Instruction Manual does.

But I find it most useful to keep them in their PDF files stored on my smartphone, so they're always with me where I can get them, AND THEY'RE SEARCHABLE, so I don't need the index.

¹ The Lens is the Thing
² 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'
³ "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 6 (435 Views)

Thanks for your help. When I clicked on your instruction manual link I brought up the manual just fine, and it looks to be 36 pages of pretty good information. But I still don't see the index you mentioned that it had. Am I missing something?
Professional
Message 4 of 6 (432 Views)

[ Edited ]

My mistake. I falsely presumed that since all the Sony Instruction Manuals I was familiar with had indexes, this one would have an index too. I was wrong.

But again, if you maintain the PDF files, you can search in Reader, so you don't really need an index that way.

¹ The Lens is the Thing
³ "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 6 (426 Views)

No problem. Thanks for your suggestion about searching in Reader. I'll do that and call it "plan B".

Thanks again.........................Dave

Professional
Message 6 of 6 (398 Views)

[ Edited ]

Glad I could help.

After years of using Adobe Reader, a free download on my smartphone, I've been using PDF files of instruction manuals for many devices, from cameras and lenses, to TVs and cable boxes, to household appliances, GPS units, smartphones and tablets, and even the controller for my lawn's irrigation system, the owners' manuals for my cars, and some of the exercise equipment at my community center.

As a result, this has become my "Plan A", and I'm disappointed and frustrated when I need to resort to a printed manual (My Plan B.)

¹ The Lens is the Thing

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook