Cybershot Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 1 of 4 (5,374 Views)
Accepted Solution

What is the best sony cybershot model?

[ Edited ]

I've been looking for the perfect point and shoot for days now and i've settled on the sony cybershot, but now i can't decide which model to get. 

I'm looking for:
- superior zoom (like if i was watching a concert, i'd get super clear shots of the stage)
- crisp and clear photos (minimizes blur even if the model was moving)
- auto modes (i hate messing with manual settings like lighting, aperture, shutter, etc., i want a camera that decides the best settings for me depending on the scene)
- takes excellent night, low light and indoor photos (especially for indoors! some cameras give really noisy pictures when taken indoors, i hate those)
- HD movies 
- background defocus

That's it, i think! Please please help me decide on a model! I'm actually choosing between the DSC-WX100, WX300 AND HX50V, but if you have other suggestions, by all means!

Message 2 of 4 (5,360 Views)

Re: What is the best sony cybershot model?

All of the cameras that you have chosen satisfy the requirements that you are looking for. Of the three cameras that you are looking at, the DSC-HX50V offers the best zooming capability at 30x optical zoom. This is followed by the DSC-WX300 (20x optical zoom) and the DSC-WX100 (10x optical zoom).

Another camera that you may consider is the DSC-RX100. Although it can only optically zoom at 3.6x magnification, this camera uses a 1.0" CMOS sensor coupled with a F1.8 Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar lens. This means that you can get better portrait shots with more defocused backgrounds and you can also get better quality low-light shots with less noise.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Message 3 of 4 (208 Views)

[ Edited ]

Sony Cyber-Shot RX100 V

Message 4 of 4 (181 Views)

Sony DSC HX400V a little more dollar 400 with 50x opticals zoom. Lens of Carl Zeiss.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook