Cybershot Cameras

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 8 (13,690 Views)
Accepted Solution

my camera will not connect to my computer

My camera will not connect to my computer.  Have tried many things but still won't connect.  Ideas??

Expert
Message 2 of 8 (13,677 Views)

Re: my camera will not connect to my computer

Here are some general troubleshooting steps you may try in isolating the issue.

1. Make sure the USB ports on both the camera and computer are not dusty or dirty.
  2. Make sure that the battery is fully charged.
  3. Make sure that the USB cable is connected properly to the camera's and computer's USB port. (Note: USB hubs are not recommended for use.)
  4. Make sure that the memory card is properly inserted into and read by the camera.
  5. Check if the USB port is working by trying other USB devices.
  6. Turn off the camera, remove the battery and allow it to rest for 30 seconds. Afterwards, reinsert the battery and attempt to establish connection.
  7. Try to restart the computer.
  8. Try another USB cable.

Please provide more information about your camera's model number, you computer and its operating system, and the type of memory card you are using. This will help us understand how we could troubleshoot the issue further.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 8 (2,153 Views)

Same problem. I have 3 PCs. All USB devices I have work on all 3 PCs. They are relatively new. The camera just says "USB Mode Connecting" for ever. It is in USB "Auto" mode. I am using the cable that came with this new camera. I'm ready to return the camera. This should be trivial.  Anyone able to make a camera setting to get this to work?

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 8 (2,125 Views)

FrancisG - tried everything on your list. Tried on Dell i7-2620M CPU @2.7GHz, 8GB, 64 bit OS Windows 7. 

Then tried on Dell workstation XPS8700 with Windows 7 professional , 64 bit OS, 16BB RAM and a second workstation that is even more powerful... All with the same results "USB Mode Connecting". Left it like this for hours actually. No change. I don't want to use Wifi. I have the USB cable. Why doesn't it work on any PC?

Professional
Message 5 of 8 (2,110 Views)

Try changing the USB Connection mode from Auto to Mass Storage.

BTW, you posted your problem in an old (2013) topic that had already been flagged as having a solution, so it probably didn't draw much attention. Naturally, your first action should be to search prior topics for solutions to your problem. But if that fails, your best bet is to create a new conversation, instead of tacking yoru problem onto an old conversation containing what very likely may be an outdated solution.

¹ The Lens is the Thing
² 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'
³ "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 8 (2,105 Views)

Thanks TCav,

Yes I tried MTP, Auto and Mass Storage, Tried LUN settings too before posting... went through every USB option possible with no luck. But thanks for the Post it as a new topic. I searched for other threads and just picked this one. I post as new.

Rookie
Message 7 of 8 (1,089 Views)

Lj2bike, I'm having the exact same problem, camera just hangs on USB connecting and my PC never just sits. Any luck finding the solution?

Message 8 of 8 (784 Views)

Hi Mikusriel,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Can you provide us the model number of your camera so we can check the specifications and provide accurate solutions.

Regards,
Jen

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook