Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 21 (7,421 Views)
Accepted Solution

sony dsc-h5 camera, battery problem

My batteries will not stay charged in my camera. I buy new ones, same thing, take about 20 pictures and that is it. I have tried rechargesable batteries, same thing. I have tried lithium batteries same thing. i have tried regular AA batteries, same thing. Can something be wrong with my camera?

Expert
Message 2 of 21 (7,414 Views)

Re: sony dsc-h5 camera, battery problem

Hi grammaboles,

I am sorry to know about the issue with battery in your Camera. Refer the below support article. This may help you in resolving this issue:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/39575

If my post answers your question, please click on "Accept as Solution", this will help others Users to find their answers easily.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 21 (7,297 Views)

I have a the same problem with the Sony dsc-h5, which has got progressively worst.
Ready for a trip out tomorrow I have bought some new batteries, put in the batteries and turned on. Because I had not used the camera for a while I had to set the date and time. That done and before taking even a single picture the camera started flashing low battery, then shut down within 30 seconds. I then tested the batteries in another device and it showed over 90% of power.
Expert
Message 4 of 21 (7,291 Views)

Since you have confirmed that your battery works fine with another camera, it would be best for you to have the camera sent in for an evaluation. Please contact our Sony UK Support Team for more information on how to get your camera repaired.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Apprentice
Message 5 of 21 (7,285 Views)

Looking at all the entries on this forum and others, it looks like this a design flaw, and any repair would be free or at a reduced cost , even though it is out of warranty. A design flaw is always destined to fail and was faulty at the time of purchase, but just not evident.

Expert
Message 6 of 21 (7,280 Views)

I apologize if the product did not meet your expectations. At the moment, we do not have any advisories and alerts regarding the DSC-H5. Regular out-of-warranty repair rates will apply if the camera is still experiencing the issue.

Rookie
Message 7 of 21 (7,067 Views)

how can you say we do not have any advisories and alerts regarding the DSC-H5. when hundreds of forums are used to complain about the h5 refusing to use good batteries and turning itself off in my case after 15 shots.We have tried all kinds of batteries including the ones supplied with the camera taken them from the camera after it switched itself off and put them into another camera the other camera reported 92% capacity left and went on to take 171 more pictures most with flash So come on sony learn what your customers are saying about your products simply apologizing that the product did not meet expectations does not do it as anyone would expect a camera to take more than 15 shots this camera was 8 months old when the problem appeared From reading this and other forums some h5s lasted only 3 months and others up to 18 months before the problem appeared but appear it did So sony you need a product recall on this product

Professional
Message 8 of 21 (7,055 Views)

Have you had your camera evaluated yet?  If not I would recommend having that done.  The way Sony collects data and issues advisories and/or alerts regarding issue such as this would be through service evaluations.  That way the data would be substantiated.  Unsubstantiated web postings, while being very helpful in their own right, would not be a valid way of collecting factual data for issuing an advisory or alert.  So, if the troubleshooting provided by ErikV above (https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/39575) does not help in resolving the issue, please follow the Notes at the bottom of the article and seek service;

NOTES:

Best Regards
Rookie
Message 9 of 21 (5,974 Views)

Since you stated in your post that there is a battery design problem with the DSC-H5.  How are you going to fix the problem?

Apprentice
Message 10 of 21 (5,947 Views)

I just clicked on the link provided by ErikV, and got 'Permission Denied'  :- An illegal parameter was received

.  That was usefull.

Clicked on the last link to find which services are available , Got Opps 404 Page not Found.

that was even more usefull,

I guess that is a problem with the batteries in my Laptop and not the Sony Website

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook