Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Dash

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 51 of 56 (1,213 Views)

Re: Dash 1.7.1526: cannot INSTALL WITH USB, that option is grayed out! Please help

re: dash 1.7.1526: cannot install with usb, that option is grayed out! please help
Options
a week ago

Follow what these guys said to do and you're back in business.

1st if using MAC do the following:
Open Safari
Click preferences
Uncheck the option "Open safe files after downloading.

Kudos to everyone that worked to figure this out. Sony should be embarrased that they didn't do this themselves.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cxy21

I also had issues, but I fixed them. If you are using a Mac, when you format the drive as a MS-DOS (FAT32) drive, you must use the Master Boot Record scheme and NOT the default GUID Partition Map scheme. After changing the scheme to Master Boot Record, the update worked fine. Also, it would probably be best to not have anything on the flash drive other than update.zip.

heyroth

So i figured out what the issue was. I also have a mac (yosemite) and performed the following steps:

Go to disk utility
Find the usb drive
Select the erase option
Make sure you select FAT(32) under format
Make sure you select Master Boot Record under scheme
Copy the file as normal and follow the sony instructions.

Before, I kept the scheme guid partition map.

It should work.
Rookie
Message 52 of 56 (1,063 Views)

Re: Dash 1.7.1526: cannot INSTALL WITH USB, that option is grayed out! Please help

I did the same as you but then I changed the name of the zip file on the USB. I was trying to upload a file named "Update (3)". I read further on this topic and changed the name to "Update" and it worked.  The name of the file has to be exact.  Hope this helps.

Enthusiast
Message 53 of 56 (978 Views)

[ Edited ]

Followed ChaWil instructions with no success?  My exisitng firmware is 1.7.1461, could that be an issue?

Update: After reformat the USB, all is well.  Got it started the 1st try.  Thanks for all the post.

Rookie
Message 54 of 56 (919 Views)

I have been having the same issue but I can't use your elegant solution. USB devices on my PC show up as volumes instead of disks. Diskpart can see the volumes but doesn't seem able to perform operations on volumes. Can you help?
Enthusiast
Message 55 of 56 (239 Views)

Dash 1.7.1526: cannot INSTALL WITH USB, that option is greyed out!

I had same Grey Out button, thus could not Install Firmware:

Solution that worked for me: 

1. Format USB - FULL (not quick)

2. Hold down menu button longer than 15 seconds at same time you plug in power...AND continue longer after display says "hold for 3 seconds", at which point, while still holding down Menu button, I held down button another 7 seconds after.

Above 2 steps are mentioned in all other HELP instructions, but note small detail of "FULL" format and Longer holding down of Menu button. 

Great feeling to see the "Install using USB" not greyed out. 

Good Luck, but this should do the trick. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 56 of 56 (239 Views)

Worked for me!

1. Must do FULL format of USB...not a quick format

2. Hold down Menu button 10 seconds LONGER after Dash display says "hold down for 3 seconds" 

3. All HELP instructions on previous boards should be followed. 

The KEY is #1 and #2 steps above. 

Great feeling seeing "Install by USB" no longer greyed out. 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook