Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Dash

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 21 of 56 (1,535 Views)

Re: Dash 1.7.1526: cannot INSTALL WITH USB, that option is grayed out! Please help

Just wanted to report back that I finally got my Dash Update installed.

I'm the Mac User that posted earlier in this thread. I had previously used an 8GB USB Key with only the update.zip file on it, but the "INSTALL WITH USB" option was greyed out.

Here are the steps I completed, which led to the successful install. I have highlighted the changes I've made to my previous attempt in bold. Not sure which of the steps made it successful.

1.  Used a 512MB USB Key

2.  Did FULL ERASE using Disk Utility with these settings:

a. Format: MS-DOS (FAT)

b. Scheme: Master Boot Record

c. Security Options: Most Secure [Erase]

*Note: The Security Options button DID NOT show up as an option when trying to erase my 8GB USB Key.

3. Copied both the Update.zip file AND the 17 unzipped files onto the USB Key

Hope this helps other Mac users!

Enthusiast
Message 22 of 56 (1,482 Views)

Re: Dash 1.7.1526: cannot INSTALL WITH USB, that option is grayed out! Please help

[ Edited ]

The instuctions say you need a 2 gig formatted fat 32 usb. After reformtting the usb i was able to get the files to update my Dash. Working great nowSmiley Happy

Enthusiast
Message 23 of 56 (1,432 Views)

Hello everyone,

It looks that below download link is not working anymore, just getting a blank page. Can anyone please send the original update.zip file via PM or post it in a shared file site so I can get my Dash updated?

Thanks for your support.

https://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-download.pl?upd_id=10724&ULA=YES&SMB=YES

Expert
Message 24 of 56 (1,389 Views)

Hello all.
Well after the big Dash disaster and recovery it looks like the servers went down. This ******, after we went through all that ****** it's down again.
I'm so ******ing ****** off at Sony. Going to call them Monday.
Expert
Message 25 of 56 (1,366 Views)

[ Edited ]

I found my new update.zip file and am uploading it to a public file sharing service...give me a little time and hopefully Ill have a link for you. 

EDIT: Ok..here is the link for the file I uploaded. It should be 97.06Mb. Its a public file sharing service, but I dont think there should be a problem. But, of course, I just uploaded it. I know it was good when I had it, I can only assume its good now. 

http://www.megafileupload.com/ndgQ/update.zip

Enthusiast
Message 26 of 56 (1,342 Views)

Thank you Grillochilango.

Your instructions were accurate and precise.

Very easy to follow, my frustration is gone. My Dash is finally working.

Enthusiast
Message 27 of 56 (1,336 Views)

yes, I agree. Thank you Grillochilango.
Expert
Message 28 of 56 (1,334 Views)

Did you guys  use my download? I just want to make sure it was working correctly. I have my druthers about uploading stuff to public sites. 

Enthusiast
Message 29 of 56 (1,307 Views)

Many thanks. The download link works OK so I´m updating ny Dash now...

Rookie
Message 30 of 56 (1,287 Views)

Wanted to confirm your update file worked once I reformatted with your directions. Thanks for your time and help!

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook