Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Dash

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 31 of 56 (1,561 Views)

Re: Dash 1.7.1526: cannot INSTALL WITH USB, that option is grayed out! Please help

[ Edited ]

brilliant!! this worked for me

1. Open Command Prompt with administrator rights.
  • Type cmd in Start menu search box and hit Ctrl+ Shift+ Enter. (Or)
  • Go to Start menu > All programs > Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator. 
2. Type and execute the following commands in the command prompt to use Disk Part tool:

DISKPART
    LIST DISK
    SELECT DISK 1               (here my flash drive disk no. is Disk 1)

CLEAN
    CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY
    SELECT PARTITION 1   (this "1" doesn't mean what drive)
    ACTIVE
    FORMAT FS=FAT32         (Format process may take few minutes)
    ASSIGN

EXIT

Enthusiast
Message 32 of 56 (1,479 Views)

Re: Dash 1.7.1526: cannot INSTALL WITH USB, that option is grayed out! Please help

I ordered a Sony USB 32 GB drive, which automatically comes with FAT32.  I received the drive today and proceeded to download the firmware directly to my new Sony USB drive.  I then proceeded with the instructions how to install on the Sony Dash.  It worked FINE this time and allowed me to "Install with USB" option. 

I certainly don't know if the firmware on the site today (4/6/2016) had been updated and that fixed problems.  I can only say it now works and very thankful.  Could it just be the Sony 32GB USB drive? I just know it is great to have the Sony Dash back in operation.  Hate to have something that doesn't work.  

Rookie
Message 33 of 56 (1,369 Views)

SOLUTION!!!!!!!!!

I am finally up and running with my Sony Dash.  I had the the same problem as everyone else in that the update from USB was greyed out.I finally went on Amazon and bought a smaller USB drive,, 2GB and after formatting (do regular format don't  hit quick format)it to Fat32, I  had no problem getting the update done. There must be a limit on the size of USB drives you can use.

Expert
Message 34 of 56 (1,334 Views)

I think you got lucky, but good for you! Ive used a 2GB 4GB8GB 16GB all formatted correctly...and none worked. But Im happy somebody got it going! Still waiting for Sony to answer us on the other forum. 

Rookie
Message 35 of 56 (1,290 Views)

Updated mine and my wifes today. Used and old 2GB card I had laying around. Just put the download on the card and followed the directions. Worked perfectly the 1st time on both machines and we are back up and running perfectly.

Rookie
Message 36 of 56 (1,213 Views)

I had the same problems as everyone else but the final issue turned out to be the file name.   Since I had downloaded several times, the file name ended in (3).  Once I deleted this from the file name, the button was no longer greyed out and I was able to complete the upgrade.  The dash works again!

Rookie
Message 37 of 56 (1,186 Views)

I have tried two separate USB drives, used the Disk Utility to erase and parition it to MS-DOS FAT32. The file name is update.zip and I've made it the only thing on the drives each time.

I've reset the factory settings and even tried to see if I could connect to the network. I do get the "Update with USB" option. But, I still get a grey screen that says, "Updating software - Update was unsuccessful." Then, it gives the same instructions to restart the process.

What is going wrong here? Can anyone help me out? I have 1 GB and 4 GB jump drives. I would really appreciate anyone's help!

Enthusiast
Message 38 of 56 (1,169 Views)

It's ALIVE!!! Thank you grillochilango. I've been trying to get my dash working agin for several months. Because of you it's up and running. THANK You

Enthusiast
Message 39 of 56 (1,105 Views)

Awesome advice. The update worked like a charm when I properly transferred the files to the USB as update.zip instead of all the separet files within that folder. Thanks so much grillochilango!!
Enthusiast
Message 40 of 56 (1,060 Views)

Hello. I have a problem. I downloaded the new update,I put it in usb 8gb fat32 I did what you say in here and after that i show on the screen three options but i can choose this options. the screen It is like OFF touch. Help thank you 

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook