Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Dash

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 41 of 56 (1,202 Views)

Re: Dash 1.7.1526: cannot INSTALL WITH USB, that option is grayed out! Please help

Sorry I forgot.. In the screen say special options.
Restore to normal operation
Install updates
Restore factory settings
I can not touch any of thes three options.
Apprentice
Message 42 of 56 (1,175 Views)

Re: Dash 1.7.1526: cannot INSTALL WITH USB, that option is grayed out! Please help

Giorgio, see posts 17 and 20 marked as solutions. Good luck.

Enthusiast
Message 43 of 56 (1,162 Views)

Can you give me the links? I can't found Smiley Sad
Enthusiast
Message 44 of 56 (924 Views)

This worked for me as well.  

First I had to check a box  (MAC, Safari,preferences, uncheck Open safe files after download)) to prevent the zip file from opening upon download.

Then I downloaded the zip file directly to the formatted, FAT 32, then use "Master boot Record scheme" as CXY21 suggested.  Must be the zip file and not the folder.  

Sony should already have these steps on their site and we shouldn't have to go through hours of trial and error to get the device to operate.  

Thanks for everyones help. 

Enthusiast
Message 45 of 56 (922 Views)

Worked, thanks.

Enthusiast
Message 46 of 56 (922 Views)

Worked, thanks.

Enthusiast
Message 47 of 56 (919 Views)

I was about to throw in the towel and then after one more try it worked. Up and running again.
Follow Cxy21's instructions on preparing the usb drive and then heyRoth's instructions.
Enthusiast
Message 48 of 56 (913 Views)

The first few times a folder was downloading to my usb but after a few changes the unzipped update.zip 'file with the zipper" downloaded and I was back in business.
Good luck.

Enthusiast
Message 49 of 56 (908 Views)

Follow what these guys said to do and you're back in business.

1st if using MAC do the following:

Open Safari

Click preferences

Uncheck the option "Open safe files after downloading.

Kudos to everyone that worked to figure this out.  Sony should be embarrased that they didn't do this themselves.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cxy21 

I also had issues, but I fixed them. If you are using a Mac, when you format the drive as a MS-DOS (FAT32) drive, you must use the Master Boot Record scheme and NOT the default GUID Partition Map scheme. After changing the scheme to Master Boot Record, the update worked fine. Also, it would probably be best to not have anything on the flash drive other than update.zip.

heyroth

So i figured out what the issue was. I also have a mac (yosemite) and performed the following steps:

1. Go to disk utility
  2. Find the usb drive 
  3. Select the erase option
  4. Make sure you select FAT(32) under format
  5. Make sure you select Master Boot Record under scheme
  6. Copy the file as normal and follow the sony instructions.

Before, I kept the scheme guid partition map. 

It should work. 

Rookie
Message 50 of 56 (759 Views)

I want the last 2.5 hours of my life back!!!!  I have read and done every thing here on the forums.  Followed instructions to the letter.  Have called Sony 6 times.  Found one post that said to change the name to update, not update.zip and yes, it worked.  Am happy to have my device working but really ****** at Sony for the lack of correct instructions they provided.  Get it together Sony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook