Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Dash

Emerging Star
dsmmrm
Accepted Solution

Dash site not working (again)

As we continue with the epic failure known as the Sony Dash, I have lately been frustrated with the fact that the mydash site has not been working correctly for quite some time now. When I am able to log in at all, which is seldom, I can't change the apps on any of the Dash devices that I own. Today's issue is the newly added app will pop up briefly in the list and then disappear immediately. Anyone have any suggestions?

Anyone have any inside info as to when the plug is getting pulled once and for all?  It will be a relief to be able to move on the the next step of this debacle, whether it's a class action suit or other remedy. I am so tired of this.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ColbyP

Re: Dash site not working (again)

Hi dsmmrm,

When adding apps to the Dash unit, there may be a significant time delay before the app will play. This can be a result of a number of items, including your network configuration or heavy Internet traffic.

Go through the steps mentioned on the below link and check if it helps.

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/documentLink.do?externalId=C1016372

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
heit88

This does not fix the problem for me as the problem is not with the dash unit, but rather with the sony mydash website. The website should update to changes in apps regardless if the dash unit is even plugged in. There is a problem with the mydash website that sony needs to adress. I have already spent  over an hour with sony support and got nowhere since they dont seem to realize or except what the problem is.

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
dsmmrm

This is correct. It does not matter if I try to add an app from the dash itself or from the mydash site. It simply does not work. The problem is on the server side. Please fix it.

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
dsmmrm

Also, I made it quite clear in my original post that I was referring to adding apps on the mydash site, not on the unit itself. Why did you post a link to an instruction on how to add apps from the unit? Despite the fact that this does not work either, it demonstrates either an inability to read with any real comprehension or deliberate avoidance of the original question. I wonder which it is.

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
dsmmrm

In case there is confusion over what I am experiencing here is a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ofy_gtkmeU
Please use plain text.
Garage Band
dcottom

One would think that these Sony moderators would actually get a real live SONY DASH in their hands and actually try to emulate the problem.  There isn't a ONE that understands what ANY of the problems that many of us are experiencing with the product. 

TO SONY: GET PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY USE THE SONY DASH TO ATTEMPT TO FIX THE PROBLEM.  THE PROBLEMS ARE COMING FROM THE SERVER SIDE.  WOULD IT BE TOO MUCH OF A PROBLEM TO GET SOMEONE FROM CHUMBY (FORMER EMPLOYEE AS THEY MAY BE) TO COME AND FIX WHAT APPEARS TO BE A SIMPLE PROBLEM ON YOUR END?

SHEESH!!!!

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
heit88

I did get a direct number of sony dash support. They seemed to be at least aware of the problem. Here is the number. 866-918-2485 Maybe if enough people start to complain they will fix this. It is ridiculous that a server based product has non functioning servers (for me at least) for almost a month.

Please use plain text.
Garage Band
nabeld

I would hope that the same amount of effort that Sony has had welcoming open source and development would spill over into the few steps needed just to get their servers working again, DNS problems or otherwise. 

The Dash is a wonderful device, and I think has a place as the ultimate "Dream Machine" as further than even a glorified alarm clock (which BTW is all that it can operate as now for me, unable to register, create channels, update dasboard, etc).

I am starting to lose flavor of Sony as a reliable- both in hardware and customer support- company, after 30 years of product use and purchase.  I feel that they are slipping from a customer/ life-solution engineering-centric company, which is visible from their lack of continued internal exitement of innovation and creativity.  The Dash may be one more stake in the ground in the just-another-electronics-company game.

Please use plain text.
Garage Band
nabeld

And yes, I do fear purchasing any more Sony in the near future, I think that any internet linked-hardware will physically outlive the online support and online server- based media/interactivity. LIKE THE DASH.  There was a good chunk of work to bring the server side of Chumby into Sony, and it feels like it is just 90% there, just not functioning. 

Please use plain text.