Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Dash

Groovin'
USER-985366
Accepted Solution

Facebook apps.

Every time i go to sign on and enter the code exactly the way its shown i get a verification error.  I have not had this problem in the past.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
durango360

Facebook News Feed - Can't Authorize

Server upgrade/update seems to have broken this app for me. I've tried about a dozen times to authorize this app through http://facebook.com/device without success.

Anyone else having this issue?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ColbyP

Re: Facebook News Feed - Can't Authorize

Does any error message appear while trying to authorize the Facebook app?

Go through the steps mentioned on the below knowledge base article to link a Facebook account to dash unit.

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/documentLink.do?externalId=C1016882

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
durango360

[ Edited ]

Sorry but that solution does not apply. For the Facebook News Feed app, you are given an authorization code which you must enter at:  http://www.facebook.com/device

I've done this in the past without issue but I am now receiving a "Verification Error". There is a retry button on the screen but I've tried many times and always receive the "Verification Error". This app was working fine prior to the server update last Friday.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Civuck2010

[ Edited ]

Confirmed with me too that Facebook is no longer working with the Sony Dash.  I receive a a Verification Code on the Sony Dash Dashboard that Facebook's device screen accepts successfully.  But then the Sony Dash website simply responds "Verification Errror".

Facebook Verification Error

I have three Sony Dash units in my house and the apps on them have all slowly been dying over the past 6 months or so with various errors related registrations or APIs.

The Flickr app is no longer working - it was first reporting an API error.  Removing and re-installing it and it responds with an error when clicking the Authenticate button on the Sony Dash Dashboard:

Flickr Error

Google Calendar no longer works after re-installing - I simply get a "Unable to load a private address" message when adding my calendar's link on the Sony Dashboard.

Google Calendar Error

These are my experiences after completely resetting one of my Sony Dash units, unregistering it, creating a new Sony Dash account, re-registering the Dash to it and attempting to reload apps. 

All of these apps worked perfectly for years on all three of my Dash units.  The issues have only surfaced recently.

I suspect this is all related to the collapse of Chumby Industries.  Perhaps some authentication servers were hosted there that no longer exist.

In any event, Sony owes it to their customers to resolve these technical issues.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
durango360

For Dash users, these are huge issues. Sony doesn't seem to be in an hurry to resolve these issues. I love my Dash and find it useful for many things like pulling images from my IP cams and weather. I'm ticked that Sony doesn't seem to give a sh** about us. I gave several Dash's as gifts to friends and relatives because I though so much of it's capabilities. I'm sorry now that I seem to have wasted that money.
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
jolthammer

My Flickr still works, but both Facebook and Photobucket stopped for me as well.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
rfarrow

Re: Facebook apps.

ColbyP,
I have done all of the above MANY times. Even tried on a brand new computer fresh out of the box with three different browsers - still shows verification error.
Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Townshend

I've encountered the same issue as well with my Facebook app on the two Dash's that I have.  Has Sony picked up development of the app since Chumby?

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
jcarrico

I'm having the same issue. I try to set up my Facebook app and I get a verfication failed message at the end of the process. Every single time. No matter what browser I use, I get the same message.

It also happens with the Twitter app - it refuses to authenticate/verify. Oddly, the Instgram app did it, too, then suddenly, after several attempts to set up my account info in the app, it worked.

Please use plain text.