Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Dash

Tuning Up
USER-900723
Accepted Solution

Failed to authorize: device and suit mismatch

I am trying to register a Dash that was already registered and the account info is lost.  I called Sony support and told them I already did the factory reset and the Dash won't authorize.  I tried to tell the support person to clear my MAC address from the server but I don't think he understood.  He walked me through doing another factory reset which of couse did not help. 

He took my phone number and claims someone will call me in a day or so.  Is there no other way to get this authorized?  

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
KimberlyS

Re: Failed to authorize: device and suit mismatch

Hello

Welcome to the Sony Community Forums.

I can help you.   Please send me a private message with your mac and ill have it cleared for you.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
KimberlyS

[ Edited ]

Hello Everyone,

I recieved several replies but not from the original poster

The original poster stated they had contacted support, and based on the customers email we were unable to find the record to investigate.      having the Event ID will show you have contacted support as above,  please call in, or if you have  called in   provide an event ID number  for us to check, 

please do not misenterpret my request for a PM to circumnavigate technical support

best regards

Kimberly

P.S

JM and Peter  we have requested your DASH be reset

give it a few hrs and try it again, please post publicly if it is resolved or if not

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
justmcq

I too am seeing this issue. 

I unregistered the Dash using the on-device capability, when it rebooted I received the message. Should I wait for an extended period before trying again, or is the something else that needs to be done?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
KimberlyS

if you have performed a factory reset, and tried to update the software and still get the mismatch,  your MAC address must be reset on our end.  please call into support and provide  the MAC address and current software installed on your DASH to the technician and ask for the mac address to be reset  by the technician.

Please contact the Consumer  Electronics line as shown below:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/service.pl

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
clenaghen

I am having the same problem. I have already contacted tech support and my case was forwarded to Tier III support, but it been 2 days and I have not heard from Tier III. The MAC address of my unit is 00:17:C4:FD:A1:E5. 

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
KimberlyS

Mr Lenaghen

your  Event ID is E56402862 and a request has already been sent  for a reset from the server by the upper level technican.

we do apologize not all departments are  at full staff  through the holidays .  some departments will not return till after new years.

This does not mean  your MAC address will not be cleared before that.  

once the MAC is cleared my colleague that is assigned your case will call you to advise you to power cycle the DASH once cleared.

if this is not satisfactory,  you may call in for additional assistance, however  all we would be able to do would be to send another request to engineering.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
clenaghen

As of this morning my unit is now working. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
snelson1298

[ Edited ]

My dash has the same error message that others have posted here.  I am having the hardest time getting the sony rep to understand that my Dash needs to be reset.  I copied and pasted the postings on this site and he still doesn't seem to understand.  I keep getting instructions to take it to someone to fix or send it to the factory.  Please help!  

Update, I finally made it through the maze of prompts and talked to a rep.  He knew right away what to do and I hope to have the dash reset by Monday sometime.  I found it interesting that this one knew right away what to do but when I was chatting with esupport the guy kept sending me to the same link I gave him (to reset the dash myself).  I gave him the esupport the link, this link, and told him my mac address but he still didn't understand what to do.  Scratching my head here.  Let's hope for a good outcome.  

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
USER-964341

Same problem.
My MAC: 20:7c:8f:2c:78:65
Serial: 8109760
Please help.
Please use plain text.