Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Dash

New Contributor
ablang
Accepted Solution

Failed to authorize

This is the message I have had displayed on my DASH since last night after the servers had done their maintenance.

"Failed to authorize:
no response from server"

Has anyone's dash returned to normal on their own since the maintenace, or has someone had to do something? If so, what?
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
KimberlyS

Re: Failed to authorize

Hello Ablang,
Thank you for your post.
All server migration is complete. we have received word that some customers were unable to connect to the server earlier this morning, this issue has been corrected on the server side. Please reset your DASH and reattempt connection. If you still cannot connect please call support and provide information such as the MAC and Device ID to the technician.
http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/support-i ... nfo_id=932
Please use plain text.
USER-982262

Has anyone's dash returned to normal on their own since the maintenace, or has someone had to do something? If so, what?

My Dash is stuck too at the same screen. "Failed to authorize". I don't have time to call and talk to a tech. Can we get some help in this forum? I have a HID-C10

Glen
Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
Fuzzy_John

My Dash was not running normally this morning (the apps were running eratically) so I did a power down and power up. I had no problems with the authorizing process but now no apps are displayed and I do not have he left/right arrowsto move to the previous/next app. The weather for my cities appears to display OK.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-935832

I am having the exact same problem, except the failed to authorize part, since late last night & all day today. I have done everything to try and fix it, including a complete factory reset. It did not fix the problem. The apps are not loading well at all. They are loading very slow and inconsistantly, some don't load at all. The dash web page is acting very erractic as well it loads one second and then the next it won't. I even re-registered my dash earlier and everything went through and I made new channels. Now I tried to log on to the web page just now and it says that I don't have anything registered. Everything else seems to be working though, including the dash web browser, weather info, and even netflix. I'm thinking it has to be something that happened right after they did the maintenance on the servers yesterday. Can we pleased get this issue fixed soon!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-923371

Re: Failed to authorize!!!fix this please

My dash is showing the same "failed to authorize"as well it was working fine all day until around 9pm eastern time. How can this be fixed?please help

Ok so after the original post. I unplugged the dash for about 2 minutes and plugged it back up and right now(fingers crossed)it's back up & running.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Wild6

We have 2 Dash's on separate accounts.
They both have had problems since yesterday.
This morning, my daughter's unit failed to wake her up for school (dark screen). When turned off and back on, it display's the 'Failed to authorize' message.

This is starting to look like yet another piece of hardware rendered useless by its dependency on remote central servers that aren't maintained properly. First it was DRM, and now this.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
USER-902589

After several restarts and keeping the unit off for about an hour, I've finally gotten my unit to authorize. But, all I have are time and weather. No apps. It's 2:34EDT here, it's been an issue for me since about 7:45 this morning.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-989895

Getting the same thing on my dash. My widgets weren't loading correctly so I tried to reset my dash by unplugging it and plugged it back in and now all I get is failed to authorize....
Please use plain text.
USER-946262

Same issue all day today (Friday). Everybody should call 1-888-222-7669 to report the issue concerning the Dash server upgrade and ask to open a trouble ticket.
Please use plain text.