Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
New Contributor
Message 1 of 3 (1,390 Views)
Accepted Solution

How do I Add/activate My Dash-Canada

I really want to like the Dash, but it has been one thing after another. I bought it 2 days ago and I want to give it a fair shot. I haven't been able to add/activate it since the sony.com site won't accept my e-mail address as it is already with sonystyle.ca, and that is in Canada. I know how to get the pin number, but I simply can't gain access to any app. Before deciding whether or not to keep it I would at least like to see what it can do.

Any help would be appreciated. I did e-mail Sony, but haven't heard anything. This is not the way these types of devices should be.

Thanks...philip
Message 2 of 3 (1,390 Views)

Re: How do I Add/activate My Dash-Canada

PMCD
The quickest and simpliest way to resolve your issue is by creating a completely new account (new email account / new user name). Make sure the dash is displaying a red registration code in system> device info before you get started. If it is not, then select “unregister”; if it is being displayed, please note the four digit code. Now create the new account at https://dash.chumby.com/login, “create a new account.”

Use the new account going forward.
New Contributor
Message 3 of 3 (1,390 Views)

Re: How do I Add/activate My Dash-Canada

Sonymod_DanOMara wrote:
> PMCD
> The quickest and simpliest way to resolve your issue is by creating a completely new
> account (new email account / new user name). Make sure the dash is displaying a red
> registration code in system> device info before you get started. If it is not,
> then select “unregister”; if it is being displayed, please note the four digit code.
> Now create the new account at https://dash.chumby.com/login, “create a new account.”
>
> Use the new account going forward.

Thank you. That worked. Finally. Pretty neat device now.

philip

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook