Welcome to the Community!

Dash

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 20 (2,855 Views)

Sony Dash cannot download control panel - and the unit will not boot - I have done a factory restore

Sony Dash cannot download control panel - and the unit will not boot - I have done a factory restore but this did not fix the problem.  Need support on how to get th e unit to work again.

Message:  "Error: Unable to download the control panel(no download information available).  Please restart your Dash (tm) to try again." 

Have done this muliptle times, multiple days & nothing.

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 20 (2,785 Views)

Re: Sony Dash cannot download control panel - and the unit will not boot - I have done a factory restore

I am having the same problem with both of my Dashs.  Did Sony stop supporting the Dash or stop sending the control panel over?

Rookie
Message 3 of 20 (2,772 Views)

Re: Sony Dash cannot download control panel - and the unit will not boot - I have done a factory restore

[ Edited ]

Same here. I get through the intro video, initial setup, then can't get the Control Panel.  I expect they got tired of supporting the Dash. Sort of surprised it lasted this long. Would be nice if they just said so, or e-mailed registered users, so we'd no whether to wait a bit or head for the electronics recycling place.

Rookie
Message 4 of 20 (2,712 Views)

I tweeted support. They responded the engineers are aware and working on it.  I'll take that at face value for now. Guess I'll wait a bit before trashing it Smiley Wink

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 20 (2,542 Views)

[ Edited ]

Same issue here.  Noticed this Saturday morning.  Logging into the Sony dash site at dash.dash.sel.sony.com, I got a SSL certificate error that I had to override...  this might be a reason why the dash can't download the control panel.  Did Sony let their SSL/TLS certifificate expire?  Does the dash device use SSL for it's connection?

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 20 (2,331 Views)

Did Sony say the Dash network would be back up? Still no Control panel

Rookie
Message 7 of 20 (2,319 Views)

Strangely, it is not all dash's. I have 3 and only one is effected. My mother has one and hers is having the control panel issue also. The fact that it isn't all of them gives me a little hope.

I still have no idea why sony gave up on this device, with better more accurate advertising, sleeker design, battery back up, more responsive screen...this would be perfect! Others have mentioned using a tablet as an alternative but I can't seem to set up a screen with all the wanted info at once and have the screen remain lit and useful. Anyone have any ideas? I've searched amazon for alternative devices and none come close to the dash. Really think Sony screwed up on this one. Instead of just improving on an awesome idea, they just abandoned it.

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 20 (2,252 Views)

My 2 dash are down also. Both have a manf date of July 2010. Sony has been sloppily supporting this thing for well over a year now. This may very well be the end of my Sony purchases. If you don't want to support it anymore at least toss out a firmware that will make the clock and alarm work without the network error screen constantly popping up.
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 20 (2,120 Views)

I totaly agree. We are stuck with ****** now. 

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 20 (2,118 Views)

We are stuck with S  H   I  T  now

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook