Welcome to the Community!

Dash

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 3 (460 Views)

Sony XAV-AX100 Dimmer bug

My wife gave me the XAV-AX100 as a Christmas present, I installed the unit on 01/17/16 with a backup camera and I noticed that if the dimmer is on the map direction display is always in night mode. I can't image that is by default so hopefully with the first firmware update this will be fixed?

Thanks,

Message 2 of 3 (409 Views)

Re: Sony XAV-AX100 Dimmer bug

Hi Terre08,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

Please check the dimmer settings of the stereo.

Available options are [OFF], [AUTO] and [ON].

Kindly select [ON] and adjust the brightness level to the maximum level.

Thanks,

>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 3 of 3 (407 Views)

Re: Sony XAV-AX100 Dimmer bug

I was wrong, it is by default. Note that when I called the Sony Support they had no clues and didn't even know it was sold here (or in Canada), then they tried the most ridiculous thing ever and asked me to turn off and on the stereo!!! Anyway by going deeper in the manual I found that the reason the dimmer didn't work is because I use the headlights 24/7 for safety and since I am so used to it I will forget to turn on the lights if I am in a populated area. It means that the display will change from day mode to night mode based on when I turn on the headlights and since I use them 24/7 I will always have to use night mode. Now I will fix it myself by adding a toggle switch/button but I hope that Sony will update the software so it uses either the phone which turns on nightmode correctly or have like the Pioneer unit where you can set it by time.. For now I will use a mechanical switch.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook