Dash

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 21 of 36 (1,456 Views)

Re: Unable to unregister Dash HID-C10?

Hello!

Has anyone been able to solve this?  I too was given a preowned Dash and when I go to unregister I have to first create an account and it asks:

Device Name and Registration code.  I have neither, so I cannot create an account to unregister.

Anyone solve?

Thanks,

Jim

Enthusiast
Message 22 of 36 (1,452 Views)

Sorry Jim, no solution, no support from Sony that I am aware of.......

You can try and keep calling Sony customer support and hopefully they get tired of you and others calling and they will finally make the time to assign someone to have a solution to this problem.

The issue is:  There is a database that was created when the original owner registerd the dash.  The dash that you have is permanently assigned to the original owner.  The original owner will have to unregister the dash from My Sony and once he gets done doing that you can then register the dash to your own name.

If the original owner is unknown or he cannot remember his password - The sony mydash atabase will have to be changed / remove the dash assignment from the original owner so that you can register it fresh.

Hope that helps.

Dan

Rookie
Message 23 of 36 (1,445 Views)

Hi Dan,

Many thanks for your response.

Yes, you are spot on...  just got off the phone with Sony and after speaking with 3 different techs, the last one confirmed what you stated about removing and changing the dash assignment.  He told me once it was changed, that I would be emailed.

Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks,

Jim

Enthusiast
Message 24 of 36 (1,139 Views)

Hi has anyone had any sucess with this yet? I purchased one from eBay and cannot unregister it. I even found a debugging and test mode on the device by holding down one of the volume buttons while it powers on ,but still no sucess. HELP!

Enthusiast
Message 25 of 36 (1,130 Views)

Sorry, not to my knowledge. Sony has completely abandoned support for this equipment.  The only way I know of is to contact the seller / previous owner and request they unregister the device so that you can register it to your own name.

Dan

Enthusiast
Message 26 of 36 (1,062 Views)

Re: Unable to unregister Dash HID-C10? Device and suit mismatch

[ Edited ]

i also bought mine at a thrift store and could not register it. can someone help with this problem. I read somewhere that the MAC address needs to be reset. 

My  model number is 8063277

mac address ( can send )

I can't believe Sony would do this to its customers. I have been a long time fan, and was going to buy their latest Playstation for the kids. But Im strongly rethinking that purchase.

Enthusiast
Message 27 of 36 (865 Views)

I have the same issue as of March 1st, 2016 (unable to download the control panel). I have used the Dash since it first came out, though lately mainly as an alarm clock and sometimes for the quick news channels..

Sony - have you completely abandoned all support for this device? Do you not at least owe the thousands of buyer/users an answer or at least a statement on whether users will be able to download the control panel and continue using the clock?

This experience is really souring me on Sony's product support... and also on Sony design. If you're going to make a device that requires some remote information to work, hadn't you better keep that remote server available so that the device doesn't become a doorstop? Maybe a better design would have included a switch or button that would enable basic functions to continue without internet? This is really disappointing.

Enthusiast
Message 28 of 36 (845 Views)

I too have used my Sony MyDash since it came out.  

I have since added two more MyDash (bought used in eBay) as I really like it.  All 3 were functioning properly, except lately.

Latest issue is the same as yours - "unable to download control panel" thus, we can no longer connect to the internet.

I just now use all 3 of my Sony MyDash as strictly an alarm clock.  That's the only thing we can now use these for.

When you reboot (unplug the power cord, press and hold Menu button, then plug in the power supply and hold Menu button for 3 seconds, then let go and it will reboot).  Once Main Menu appears - select Factory Settings, then select Country - USA, then select your region (Pacific for me), then when it asks you to connect to the internet - click Cancel.  Your MyDash will now be working, without internet connection, without the "unable to download the control panel" fault message and you can now use it as solely an Alarm Clock.  Its still a good alarm clock and better than throwing it away......

Again, no more support on this from Sony.  Really sad.

Hope that helps some of you.

Dan

Enthusiast
Message 29 of 36 (841 Views)

Trying that now...
Enthusiast
Message 30 of 36 (835 Views)

The clock works! Thanks man. There's a lovely banner which says "! Your device is not connected to the Internet. Tap button to reconnect.", and of course no screen graphics, but at least it's a clock. Much appreciated- saw nothing about disconnected operation in the product notes.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook