Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 31 of 36 (1,085 Views)

Re: Unable to unregister Dash HID-C10?

You are most welcome.

Glad I can help.

BTW, yes, there is a yellow banner on top of the screen that says its not connected to the internet and unfortunately I dont know how to delete that message.  But at least, its now a nice alarm clock versus a dead paper weight Smiley Happy

All the best,

Dan

Enthusiast
Message 32 of 36 (973 Views)

Hi, i have the same problem, i call at support number and no answer, my dash is registered to the default user device name: My Dash, and i'm not able to unregister, so neither install any app, please help me, what can i do?????? 

Enthusiast
Message 33 of 36 (961 Views)

Hi, Im not a representative for Sony nor an expert on this. Im only sharing with you what I know after experiencing the same issues on 3 of my Sony MyDash.

Sony has completely abandoned any support for MyDash. Thus once your Sony MyDash malfunctions - there is no fix.

Instead of just throwing it away I now only use mine as an alarm clock / desk clock and that's all its only now good for.  And its a nice desk clock / night stand alarm clock.  At least its good for something instead of tossing it.

I posted here a couple of posts back on how to set it up for clock mode.  Basically reboot the unit, then do not connect to the internet.

Hope that helps.

Dan

Enthusiast
Message 34 of 36 (952 Views)

... though you can't actually use the alarm function. The alarm, like every other Dash function, is dependent on both button usage (you can't press them now due to immediate network connect attempt) and internet connection for alarm settings. So basically, when it's not internet connected, the Sony Dash now is a very bright (not dimmable) clock with no alarm, no radio, and no other functions of any kind... so you're better off buying a new $10 or $15 clock radio.

Really, really disappointing Sony!!

Enthusiast
Message 35 of 36 (944 Views)

CORRECTION: Didn't see that you actually can set the alarm in disconnected mode. Top left corner of the Dash clock screen right above the "! Your device is not connected..." alert. You can set both basic and advanced alarms there. I still haven't figured out any way to dim the screen.

Rookie
Message 36 of 36 (212 Views)

Dear SONY-

As a teacher of hundreds of students, I have the opportunity to provide guidance to students over my 30 year teaching career.  Guess what I've learned from SONY?  That you DON'T STAND BEHIND YOUR PRODUCTS!  You can be sure I won't forget that lesson in my classroom of highschool tech users.

Although my Dash "alarm clock" (since that's all I'm getting out of it) has not worked right for YEARS I really can't find a replacement that does the same things I liked about the Dash.  So I just keep this paperweight on my nightstand.  Recently, I had a rekindled interest in getting it going (after a pleasant 6+ months following leap year when I couldn't use it AT ALL! Leap year came as a surprise, huh? Great job getting that fix out there to users BTW).  But since I cannot log into my dash account at sony.com/mydash I can't even begin what I hoped might resolve my issue with it (I have a FB photo gallery app flashing me sample photos of people I don't know).

So I just wanted to take a few more minutes of my life to let the people at SONY know that I will NEVER purchase a product from SONY again.  Thi has lacked support since about a year after purchase for me and that is unacceptable. Disgraceful. Subpar.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook