Digital Paper

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 2 (1,967 Views)

DPTS1 improvements

Hi There,

I've been using sony DPTS-1 long enough to spot a few areas with a potential for improvements.

In priority:

1. "Go back to previous page" (in the Page control Box) only works on links and not when the number is typed with the keypad.
  2. Related to the previous one and this is a frequent case with while reading a physical book. I'd like to be able to jump back and forth to the previous location in a book. (In older generation of Sony readers - PRST1 - it was possible to achieve with the physiscal "Back" button).
  3. Hand written Sticky notes have no option to select the handwriting annotation. One useful use case in my mind is to annotate a text in one document and copy over the annotation to the other. At the moment this is not possible and requires constant switching between documents when taking cross-notes. Very slow.
  4. Lag when switching between documents is too long. I'm aware this may be hard to beat due to hardware limitations but perhaps there is some low hanging fruit on the software side. If there was a way to cache the CURRENT pages in the last TWO documents visited and speed the switching, that would be awsome.
  5. Any chance for opening up a SDK?

Thanks for reading this and thanks so much for a great product.

kuba

Highlighted
Message 2 of 2 (1,884 Views)

Re: DPTS1 improvements

Hi Kuba

Welcome to Sony Community! 

Thank you for your time posting your detailed concerns and suggestions with Sony Digital Paper. We always appreciate customers who take the time to give us their feedback. We will pass these to the proper department. 

Best regards,

Vincent 

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook