Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Digital Paper

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 4 (2,107 Views)

Why didn't they tell me that it was limited to 32GB?

I have recently purchased a DPT-S1 and was very excited that it could expand memory with a micro-SD card.  However, it turns out that it is limited to 32 GB cards.  I had to find this out through some pretty extensive Internet searches, as this limitation appears NOWHERE in any of the descriptive literature about the product.  

OK...that ******.

In any event, is this a hardware or a software limitation?  Why is it there?  Is there any chance that (presuming it is software) that this will be changed in a future software update?

Thanks,
George.

Message 2 of 4 (2,084 Views)

Re: Why didn't they tell me that it was limited to 32GB?

Hi Hasselback

Thank you for visiting Sony Community! 

Sorry to hear that. This is a hardware limitation. Even some smartphones and tablets have maximum storage capacity. Digital Paper supports Cloud Storage services. You try that instead. 

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,

Vincent 

Answered your question? Glad I could help! Please Click the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (2,072 Views)

This is a quite commom problem for products that support FAT32 only. But there's an easy way to fix. 

Just google for a software that can format storage over 32GB to FAT32 filesystem. Due to the limitation enforced by microsoft, you can't format a SD over 32 as FAT32 but there are tons of small tools that can.  

If you want to learn more, read this:

http://www.androidauthority.com/high-capacity-microsd-cards-android-gary-explains-690710/

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 4 of 4 (2,063 Views)

When you say "Cloud Storage services," is this a proprietary service, or can I set it up to sync with DropBox?

Thanks,

George.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook